tuscl

Halloween?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:17 PM
Do the clubs you visit celebrate Halloween at all? By celebrate, I mean dancers that dress up in Halloween-themed costumes rather than their ordinary stripper/dancer attire.

10 comments

• AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Actually I often chase my scotch (single malt please) with a Guiness. They compliment each other really well. Nobody seems to notice or care that I'm drinking scotch on an Irish holiday. I do like Jamieson's better than Bushmill's though.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    AN, understood, but at least get in the "Prot" spirit of things and chase your Guiness with a shot of Jamieson's.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    "St. Patrick's day (all my Irish ancestors wore orange, not green)"

Then you should celebrate July 12, the anniversary of the Battle of BOyne, where the English definitively beat the Irish to take over control of the island. Now _that's_ something to celebrate. This is the date on which you will occasionally see wire service photos of Ulstemen in Northern Ireland marching in their orange vests.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chitown, I'd rather hang out and drink Guiness than wear an orange vest and march down a road commemorating a battle some 300 years ago. Besides, most of my "Irish" ancestors were probably still in Scotland at that time.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Well, I look at "celebrating" Haloween the same way I do cinco de Mayo (not Mexican), St. Patrick's day (all my Irish ancestors wore orange, not green), or Mardi Gras (not French or Catholic anywhere in the family history). If you need an excuse to party, it's as good as any.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I think the commemoration of Hallowe'en (I don't think that any one other than Wiccans actually "celebrate" it) is most properly left to the 12 and under set.

Of course, I don't think you should celebrate Mardi Gras unless you are really gearing up for seven and a half weeks of deprivation during Lent.

Bah humbug. (Or whatever the Halloween equivalent is of that).
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Almost all Detroit clubs have Halloween parties, most of them overdone. Some will let customers in for no cover if they wear a costume.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I've seen a few strippers indulge in Haloween costumes, it's sometimes fun to see, but not much celebration from the clubs. Sounds like a prime opportunity for Candyman. I also like it around Christmas when a lot of the girls pull out the "naughty Santa" outfits, elf costumes, reindeer antlers, etc.
  • baddy
    19 years ago
    Some of the clubs here celebrate. I went on a Halloween and the place had decorations up and stuff, but it did not really effect the quality of the visit for better or worse. Personally I don't mind it but would rather do without it.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I'm not a fan of costume themes of any kind. I find it to be a distraction from my main mission. I've never gone to a strip club on Halloween, but I usually see some strippers in costume on the nights leading up to it. Cat's ears can be cute, but they can skip the tail.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion