tuscl

Crashing MY Booth

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
When I decide to get a booth in the club, paying the now obligatory $20.00 tip, I have found over the years that dancers take it as an invitation to gang up, sit down, uninvited, and try to get me to give them tips, buy drinks or meals and, generally, host a party for all of the dancers they invite over. Call me a wussy PL, but I have never wanted to be rude and tell uninvited dancers to just get lost, but it seems that a gentle hint has no effect. "This is a private party," "We would like to be alone," "I'll ask you to join us a little later," "I'm only buying dances from Crystal," never seem to work. They just sit there taking up space and demanding a tip. Years ago dancers would not sit in a booth when another dancer was already there and would never sit in a booth while the customer was eating. Now, it's standard for the dancer to sit down, uninvited, and ask the customer to buy a meal.

Any thoughts on how to handle this. Maybe I should just grow a pair and, if the hint doesn't work, say "Bitch, get lost!"

19 comments

• HungryGiraffe
    11 years ago
    Yeah, it's balancing act, as you ideally want to maintain good relations with most dancers. But, bottom line is it's your money, and you should always be in control of how you spend your money. May want to identify the few dancers who take the liberty of inviting their friends over, and tell them directly you don't like that.

I experience something similar with my ATF at one of the upscale NYC clubs. She likes to invite one or two of her close friends to join us in the VIP section of the main floor. I'm sure my ATF gets lots of kudos from them for sharing the wealth. Recently, when my ATF had to go onstage, another dancer came by. Tried to shoo her away, but she said she wasn't leaving. When my ATF returned, you could feel the tension in the air. After about five minutes my ATF and I got up and went to the stage to rain a few bucks on one of her friends. When we returned to the VIP section, the interloper was gone.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Is a booth like a restricted reserved seating section? I'm just wondering since I'm not familiar with the term.
    Is it a special privilege for VIP members only or can anyone pay to get a booth?
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Clubs I visit don't have booths but one club has the space for a special seating section they charge people to reserve and sit in. It has nicer sofas and is quieter. I sat in the space one time before a bouncer told me it was reserved. They had no signs indicating it was.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    As far as dancers crashing an area, maybe they were not told to avoid anyone or any area. A word to the manager might take care of that if you do not want any dancers except invited dancers to come over. Of course the manager would need enough time to tell the dancers before you arrive. Might work. Might not.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    What happens when you ignore the unwanted dancers and just pay attention to the one in whom you're actually interested?
  • Dolomite35
    11 years ago
    The easy way is to tip the bouncer and tell him you would like privacy. The extra 20 you slip him will save you 50 in SS.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Not giving money to girls you don't want to give money to will save you even more...
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Never had this happen in an sc but I have had it happen at night clubs when you buy tables and chicks just wanna drink for free. Bottle whores.
    11 years ago
    Grow a set.

I'm a one on one kind of guy. The booth would be for privacy and space. Not to host a party.

No random girls are going to sit at my booth and demand a meal and/or a tip.

See ya!
  • Subraman
    11 years ago
    In the club I'm at, a second girl would never come over without an okay from the client and first girl, but club etiquette obviously varies from club to club. I'm respectful but assertive in sending girls away if I don't want them sitting with me.

That said, I love a party. I always make it clear that I'm only buying dances from my ATF, but I'll buy any girl at my table drinks (obviously, only friends of whoever is my ATF du jour), as long as they are drinking what I'm drinking, which is usually the low-end shots, and always happy to buy cheap junk food (fries, nachos) for the table. I've had as many as four girls at my table with me, drunk strippers slinging stripper shit and dirty jokes, and I fucking love every second of it.

That said, I totally get it if your style is different and you'd rather be 1-on-1. I just happen to dig a table full of drunk strippers.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    To fill in some gaps: Almost all Detroit clubs have tables in semicircular booths against the wall or closer to the stage. In the "old days" if the booth was not reserved, anyone could sit there. Now, a $20.00 tip is required to sit in a booth. (After paying a cover charge.) No fees are charged for standing or sitting at the bar or sitting stageside--yet.
    Perhaps it's my age and perspective, but I am still annoyed that just getting a seat at a table costs $20.00 and I have no privacy; moreover, the idea of tipping more money for the privacy I've already paid for makes standing at the bar a lot easier to do.
    Dancers have no manner or morals when it comes to ganging up on a customer in a booth come feeding time.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    ..no manners..
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "No fees are charged for standing or sitting at the bar or sitting stageside--yet."

I'll bet that is NOT far off! LOL
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    She butts in line waiting for iPhones too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Just state what you want – if you don’t want a particular dancer to sit w/ you and you are alone; then tell her something along the lines of “I just want to sit by myself for a while”.

If you are w/ a dancer already and another one comes up; just tell her you just want to sit with w/e dancer you’re with.

Just b/c one stands up for themselves does not mean one is being rude – in fact by not standing up for yourself; you are allowing them to be rude to you.

It all comes down to turning away dancers you are not interested in – whether that is turning them down for a LD, or company – you are the customer and you get to choose.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    PC has made some great points. I don't understand how a man could/would let a dancer hold them hostage. Let em know where you stand. It's being assertive, not rude or disrespectful.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    I now face this issue with renewed strength, fortitude and singleness of purpose. I'm for ME.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Superdude taking the reigns and bringing the pain. Oh yeah.
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    Be a man, grow a set, and straight up tell those hoes to get lost.

Alternatively...you could also dress up as disguised as Alucard. That would ensure complete avoidance from all dancers within a 5 mile radius.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion