tuscl

The Road to Mexico! How far would you go?

Estafador
BIG APPLE
For those of us unfortunate to live FAR away from California in such places like Washington (WTF), New York, Atlanta (I'm looking at you old man), Florida, Maine or (dear god) as far away as Canada, we have little access for easy travel past the borders into Mexico, but we've all heard the stories and read how crazy it can get down there. Some of you business men, just have happenstance and just happen to visit good ol' cali, but for a regular day, or even vacation, how far would you go just to get a taste of them sweet tortilla walls down in Tijuana? I been on such discount sites like Orbitz and priceline for some cheap flights and so far I've seen round trips currently as low as $293 (to san diego, far better than straight shots to tijuana). I don't know if that's free for you, but from what I can tell, that's damn good pricing. But hey i could be wrong.

Or would you rather take a cross-country road trip across the states to get to the boriqua gold mine. Is it even worth it at all, if it's only for tijuana (and we all know you're going there for the booze and boobs)?

22 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Everybody needs to go to TJ once in their life.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Why drive?
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I used to get business trips to San Diego a couple times a year, and always took the streetcar down to TJ. Sadly those days are over for me.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I'm retired after 42 years of working for a major air line. I can still fly free to damn near anywhere in the world. My first strip club visit ever was to TJ in 1961. See my article. I have traveled extensively all over Mexico by car, bus, ship and air plane. I even married a Mexican.

But I have absolutely no interest in going to Tijuana again.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Shadow-I understand where you're coming from. But what about a trip to the Mexican Riviera? Cancun and the Caribbean side is nice but has no waves. I prefer Puerto Escondido. Not much for strip clubs but there's enough Euro broads who suck and fuck to make it fun after dark.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    My feelings about this sort of road trip into Mexico are known.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    ^^^^ Shut up Jeffrey.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I won't mind seeing it, but no higher on my list of priorities than any of the places in the USA that I haven't been too.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Slick - I had to look that one up. It's one of those places in Mexico where they build a runway and then try to cultivate it as a tourist town. Last year they had 78,092 passengers arrive by air from Mexico City on airlines that nobody ever heard of. Very similar to what they did in Zihuatanejo just north of Acapulco.

No thanks. My choice of a tourist town would be Puerto Vallarta. For a non tourist town with good cheap bordellos, I would choose Hermosillo but you do need some Spanish.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    i don't go to any foreign country without learning the local language....except Portugal...I see no damn reason to know Portuguese when I can do good with Spanish. Does your article explain why you dislike Tijuana Shadowcat?

@Alucard do you dislike Mexico or something? WHy so my man?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yeah, if you're not into breaking your neck in cement-like waves, PE probably wouldn't be a vacation destination. I went once and almost drowned.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Estie, a young man would have a lot more fun in San Diego. Hang out at the clubs downtown, and at the beach. Doubt you would want to leave. TJ was never a thought when I was young. Nor is it now.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Mikey has a point. Gas Lamp rocks. SD State rocks. But TJ, still kicks ass. I like them both.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I feel ya mikey boy and irregularly go to regular night clubs (haven't been to a strip club in MONTHS to date). Only irregular because I got other things to do as well. But damn I got a good dose of advertisement for Tijuana and it seems cool. Was just on Orbitz and saw a cheap ass price for 289 round trip to san diego (fucking to tijuana it's shitting to 900 what kind of fucked up shizzle is that). That's like a day at the strip club and beyond right there. BUT probably also will stay in san diego for all the scenery too.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    San Diego is not that far from Anza-Borrego State Park. This is one, cool desert park. Can't be beat for stargazing.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    After you have visited the San Diego Zoo, any other zoo looks like a petting farm.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Dougster: "I won't mind seeing it, but no higher on my list of priorities than any of the places in the USA that I haven't been too."

Agreed. And a lot *lower* priority than places like the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Mt. Rushmore, and a number of other natural and man-made wonders.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I'd like to go but not necessarily for the whore houses. I just like to travel and see new places. Domestically I need to get the west coast probably like to start up in the pacific northwest the land of amazing beers and work my way south, cali has great beers too Stone, Russian River etc. THen if i was down there why not jaunt of to Mehico for a bit.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "The Road to Mexico"

That's was gonna be the 8th film in the series, but Bing Crosby died before filming started.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Yucatan is nice if you get away from Cancun. There are some whorehouses in most of the towns but they don't really cater to tourists.

I'd have to agree with Shadow about Puerto Vallarta. Nice beaches, great food, touristy stuff but not primarily a tourist town, and both tourist and local tail available if you know where to look.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    so what, you would either need to know a guy, or be on your guard and know some good spanish?
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I don't think you need to know a guy, just do a bit of internet research. Knowing at least some Spanish goes a long way. But I'm not an expert.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion