tuscl

Detroit's Strip Club Prophet on HBO

georgebailey
Catalina
HBO series on Al Markowitz larger than life player on the Detroit club scene. This guy is sure to put on a a great show. No surprises here. Can't wait.

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/…

11 comments

• jester214
    11 years ago
    Looks interesting.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Per the link in the OP:

“… The Booby Trap thrived. It didn’t hurt that Tigers Kirk Gibson and Dave Rozema hung out there and eventually married two dancers who happened to be sisters …”

I wonder if this is true. I remember Kirk Gibson growing up (don’t know the other guy) and he seemed like a straight edge guy.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    Jack, are you in the TV series? I not only know people in the series but I know people described in the comments of the article.

Thanks for the article George.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I saw some of the filming they did at the Flight Club, but unfortunately I'm not in the show. It could have been my big break!

It's true that Kirk Gibson married a stripper he met in the club. I did not know Kirk, but I used to see a lot of his wife.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The article reflects Alan's good opinion of himself. His autobiography is even more self-congratulatory. The dancers in his clubs have a different opinion of him.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I just read the comments at the end of the article. This is what a poster who calls herself "FormerDancer27" said:

"All LIES. ALAN is a sick disgusting control freak. I worked for him for him for several years. He fired a couple friends of mine because they wouldn't do sexual nasty stuff with him. His ex wife left him because she busted him many times cheating. He's obsessed with her now that she moved on. He bought the house next door to her & her new lover. The man has issues. He believes his own lies. If u don't do whatever it is he wants from u, "YOUR FIRED" his favorite words haha! He thinks he's Donald Trump! The girls now days in his clubs have very bad drug
    addictions, have pimps, are forced by someone to do whatever to make money and pay TIP OUT to Alan. starting at $105 + per shift. Under age girls wasted drunk & high doing Un-protected sexual favors "extras in the VIP rooms. Everyday girls are crying they caught done STD or tested positive for HIV. It's a sad place to work in these days. Hopefully The Detroit Police put a STOP TO WHAT'S GOING ON IN THESE CLUBS. Alan has a bouncer working there Frank who is a Detroit cop. Frank has only kept his job because he gives the bar a heads up about when the cops r coming in! Alan &his clubs are dirty."
  • zef8mich
    11 years ago
    HBO doesn't want to be sued so they'll blur out your face if you happen to be caught on camera as a customer and don't sign a consent form.
    Some of the dancers think this will bring more business to the clubs but maybe not.
  • georgebailey
    11 years ago
    Alan basically "grew up" in strip clubs.

A lot of comments about him and the clubs are probably true. I don't know first-hand but these stories have been circulating for years. The guy dealt with strippers and hoods for over thirty years. I would have a hard time believing he has a normal "family life" at home. No surprises and the show won't get nominated for an Emmy.
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    This will bring unwanted attention to the extras scene and will probably end up hurting business.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    11 years ago
    I have to prop what Boogieknight is saying- This is a train wreck. I'm admittedly a bottom feeder at Detroit clubs (like dives and yes, the ones that have extras) but I can only hope this doesn't bring the wrong attention to places that I hang out.
  • georgebailey
    11 years ago
    In agreement. Let's hope its so bad nobody watches.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion