tuscl

Ladies and Gentlemen's Club. WTF?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
DELAND, Fla. —

Controversy is brewing in a DeLand shopping plaza where a grocery store chain is trying to prevent a strip club from opening up next door.

Winn Dixie officials are hoping to halt plans for a strip club in the Brandywine Shopping Village off N. Woodland Boulevard. The grocery store chain is worried Pin Ups Ladies and Gentlemen's Club could hurt business.

"I think they could have picked a better place for it. It would probably deter some people from shopping here," shopper Lorie Kerr said.

Many shoppers said they don't think it's appropriate for the strip club to open up in the same plaza as a grocery store. Winn Dixie would sit just about 100 feet from the club's entrance.

Court documents obtained by WFTV's Myrt Price show the grocery chain has filed an injunction to stop the club from opening.

"I definitely agree with them. It is kind of inappropriate," Brandon Landry with Nom Nom's Ice Cream Shop said.

Customers with children said they'd be concerned about issues that may arise with a strip club in the shopping plaza.

"If I notice there is a problem or I feel uncomfortable, then yes, I would probably shop somewhere else," Kerr said.

The strip club's owner couldn't be tracked down for comment. A court hearing regarding the issue is scheduled for October 17.

13 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    In L.A. a lot of strip clubs are in shopping centers. Some are just mini-malls. There not all in stand-alone buildings. The Spearmint Rhino, city of Industry, is one of the best examples. I'd say to Florida: Get used to it!
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Ban all Winn Dixies!
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Like Club_Goer mentioned there are lots of clubs in SoCal that are located in stripmalls. Some are close to churches and residential areas too. These pious assclowns need to get over it already.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Assclowns-Great term.
  • grand1511
    11 years ago
    Grocery stores: full of big melons and long zucchinis!
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    WTF is Winn Dixie bitching about? Their condom, cigarettes, and red bull sales are poised to go through the roof. If they've got an ATM, cha-ching...

I'm curious about the "Pin Ups Ladies and Gentlemen's Club" part means, is it "Pin Up Ladies" and "Gentlemen's Club" Pin Up "Ladies and Gentlemens" Club. Tuna and sausage?
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    That way could just tell wife at grocery store.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    The WinnDixie stores in my area closed up and left town. No strip clubs anywhere though. I guess people in my area weren't buying enough food from Winn Dixie.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    How can they name a store WinnDixie when Dixie lost? Sherman to the sea.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I think wise strip club owners prefer they be a good distance from anyplace that people routinely go with their kids. Many dancers and custies want minimal risk of being seen by non-participants in the SC scene. It's harder to chase off dirtbags who are physically and/or mentally teenagers, and want to bother the dancers as they come and go, if it's a shared strip mall parking lot. The avoidance of those who shouldn't be but are offended by being the the vicinity of a SC is just an added bonus.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Inner Room Cabaret in Cocoa Beach, Florida is on the main drag, in downtown 11/2 blocks from the ocean. Rhode Island Dolls in Woonsocket is in a residential neighborhood of 3 decker apartments. What's the big deal?
  • Gucci_Mane
    11 years ago
    Its perfect for juicebox69
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    At least it is not going to be in the back room of a gas station
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion