tuscl

Clermont Lounge (Atlanta)

LeeH
Georgia
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 10:28 AM
Went to the Clermont Lounge last night (Monday night, very late) on the recommendation of a friend. I've also seen some buzz here about some folks considering going. I wasn't there long enough last night to do an actual TUSCL review, but here are a few tidbits. First, if you're of a mind that women are supposed to look only one way, and that way is how most strippers look, don't go. Also, if you're of a mind that there is exactly one way that a strip club is to be enjoyed, don't go. (I don't say that to save you time/effort so much as that it will leave more room for me -- the club is small.) If, OTOH, you are open-minded and want a truly unique and eclectic experience, go check it out. And there's no cover Mon-Wed, so you can "experiment" for essentially free. Finding the place isn't that easy. It's in the basement of the old Clermont Hotel (which is abandoned) and the parking lot and entrance are in the back. If you're headed east on Ponce, you'll see Dugan's on the right and then a sign for Clermont Lounge parking. Ignore that, drive past the hotel and turn right at the next street. A couple hundred feet down that street will be the driveway (on the right). The place is roughly the size of a postage stamp. There's a D-shaped bar area that seats about 30 around it. Inside that is the walkway that the bartenders use. Inside that are a bunch of bottles. And inside that is a 4' x 8' (!) stage that the dancers use. If you want to tip them, you basically have to lean forward some and they lean forward a lot and you pass bills folded the long way. There ARE other areas of the club, but at least last night, they were nothing but overflow seating. The male clientele is about half redneck and half hipster. There was a larger female contingent of clientele than most clubs, but given the non-stripper look of most of the dancers, it was a 50/50 chance that any female in the joint was a dancer. I'll not get into details on the dancers, except to say that only 1 of the 5 dancers I saw would be hired at any other club I've been to. (Just one more note to scare away the "my way or the highway" crew.) I think the thing that I liked best was that everyone -- dancers, bartenders, and patrons -- all seemed to be having a great time. Haven't seen that in a club in a looooooooong time.

5 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Sounds like a place that I'd give a shot at. Unfortunately, I live on the opposite side of the country.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Just as soon as magicrat gets his ass over here, we are going. Thanks. :)
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    Ha, good times.
  • MikeP2
    11 years ago
    Clear is a very different experience. Overweight strippers, even one with no teeth, who can crush a beer can between their boobs. Thankfully, no table dances. ;)
  • LeeH
    11 years ago
    @MikeP2: Clear is a very different experience. Are you meaning that it is clear that Clermont Lounge is a very different experience? The reason I ask is not to pick grammatical nits but to question your last statement, because I witnessed one HELL of a table dance there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion