tuscl

Mental Illness and strippers

DandyDan
North Iowa
Just curious to know how many strippers suffer from some form of mental illness. I was down in Kansas last weekend and went to a couple clubs and two different dancers at two different told me they don't drink because it would interfere with their medication, the specific ones being ones I know are anti-depressants. At my favorite club, one of the dancers told me how she had to take a different dancer to the hospital once because the trees were going to attack her, which might be the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Certainly a lot of bad stripper behavoir could be chalked up to some form of mental illness. Anyone ever know any psycho dancers?

4 comments

• v.i.perv.
    19 years ago
    To the top!
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Regular use of some drugs including alcohol can lead to or worsen depression and other forms of instability. Sometimes it's hard to tell which came first because often the drug use is both a cause and a consequence. They're depressed because of their screwed-up background so they start taking a variety of things that initially may help but make it worse over time. My ATF used to suffer from depression and didn't get over it until she stopped taking everything including her anti-depressants.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    DD: I think you're being a little harsh with the whole "Psycho Dancer" thing. Lots of people are on meds for depression. So what? I think you need to be a little more specific than just using the term "bad stripper behavior" when talking about mental illnes. Alchohol, illegal recreational drugs and asshole customers can all be causes of that.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    If RL actually talked, you might hear something from him about observing mental instability. Of course I believe he was merely looking in the mirror and imagined the behavior he saw in others. As far as any strippers being mentally unstable, just tell them that you know, everyone is crazy and we are the only sane people around. I personally haven't been attacked by any trees but I had a few branches fall down close to my car. My car luckily escaped undamaged from the encounter. Being a little bit more serious, alcohol is not recommended to take with hardly any medication it seems unless it's cold medicine and then it will just make it stronger. I haven't personally observed any crazy strippers but I've had several call me that but I believe they were joking or actually believed the stories I tell them after drinking a few.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion