tuscl

A sincere question for RomanticLover

AbbieNormal
Maryland
RL, Why do you continue to post? Your questions are virtually never answered, except on occasion by someone who wants to mock you or davids. What exactly is it that you get out of these rants you post? It should be relatively clear by now that nobody cares, most don't read them, and we all find them annoying. Given this, and that you never engage in any discussion outside your own posts to bump them, what is it you are achieving from posting here?

21 comments

• davids
    19 years ago
    See aren't you guys glad RL clarified that for us?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I could almost admire RL's persistance in bringing up dead topics, but for the fact that he (and on occasion others) seem to imply some special insight into the feelings and/or motivations of others. Sure, I'll engage in my theories for amusement sake but I know my psycological shit stinks as much as anybody elses. I don't consider my musings some sort of revelation.
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    SSSHHH! davids is trying to answer the question.
  • lopaw
    19 years ago
    AN - this was a good try for a response, but as you can see, it is futilely hopeless.
    Chalk up one for insanity's side.
  • RomanticLover
    19 years ago
    Is this a sincerely EMOTIONAL topic?
  • RomanticLover
    19 years ago
    Who does not CARE about his TRUE FEELINGS when PAYING strippers for CONVERSATION?
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I haven't seen any Nintendo games with sitting ducks I can shoot lately so I come here and fire verbal shots at RL's posts on occasion when I'm bored. It seems hard to resist when they keep flying up in the way. I think RL's posts are ignored so much because there is no response. It's like talking to a wall. Here's me talking to a wall "ok wall, is there any response from you?" A month later "still no response?" two months later "anyone?"
  • davids
    19 years ago
    JC: If you need to learn to let go first, then you might start to get it.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Interesting that davids answers a question directed specifically at RL.

When your idea of provocative, contrarian viewpoints consists of something more than calling me gay, then I might find you interesting again.

'Til then, have a nice cup of go fuck yourself, davids!
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    AN: Much of what you've posted in response has been more than worthwhile (yes, I read some of it), out of all proportion to the banalities that promt it. Too bad inspiration isn't merit based.

*end meta comments*
  • davids
    19 years ago
    casualguy was in on it too.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Why don't I answer AN's questions directly? Simple, a typical exchange is as follows:

Me: 2+2=4
    AN: So you are denying that the Turks masscared Greeks in the early twentieth century? You are crazy for saying that and shouldn't even post here.
    Me: Dude, what the fuck? I said "2+2=4", what on earth does that have to do with the Turks killing Greeks?
    AN: <Five Page Rant and Logical Proof of the Connection>
    Me: <ignores it>
    AN: Show me where my proof is wrong!
    Me: <still ignores it>
    AN: I'm still waiting!
    AN: Why won't you answer my questions directly?

Get it?

Maybe if you didn't answer everything I post (reflexively it seems) with a strawman I would "answer directly once in a while".

I mean I know you want to look good here for your pathetic loser buddies here, and maybe you are duping them since, to be honest, they are kinda dumb, but I can't be bothered to respond to a five page rant of why 2+2=4 the turks never killed greeks in the early twentieth century.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    I am not RL, but I think I can venture some guesses as to why he rarely responds to responses to his posts, but still continues to post.

Anyone who comes to this community with an independent mind is going to encounter fierce resistence from the established clique of ass-kissers and pathetic losers trying to justify their patheticness.

This "community" is one great circle jerk for the most part. If someone comes in with entirely new ideas, or worse, a whole outlook which is "think for yourself", "experiment", "learn", "stand up for yourself", "don't kiss strippers asses", "be honest with yourself and with strippers about what you want" they will be subjected to a barrage of insults, and their position, rather than trying to be understood, will transfored into strawmen which, though easy to attack and apparently destroy, do not resemble the original position at all.

If once in a while, the said poster responds to some of the insult directed at him with insults back he accused of having no positions/logic of his own but only being capable of insults. In fact that is true mostly of his opponents.

Thus I venture that RL just learned that arguing with morons as dumb as you guys are is pointless: he will just be subjected to insults and his positions turned into strawmen.

I mean look what happens when he does not respond? How many insults and strawmen is he subjected to just that way. I am sure he concluded that it just wasn't worth the energy.

I also conjecture that RL's ideas are due to a massive amount of real world observations and interactions with strippers. I've reached many of the same conclusions he has via the same process. Thus we feel obligated to respond, for the sake of the truth, when people here who either

a) have an agenda (possibly even financial)
    b) are too pathetic to acknowledge reality
    c) don't have suffecient real world experience to get it

post misinformation.

We feel obligated to correct that for the sake of the truth. If we left, the circle jerk ass kissing pathetic loser clique would dominate, and then how would anyone know there are contrary ideas?

Believe me it is not easy being in such a small minority, facing an army of pathetic, ass-kissing, losers. But the truth has been learned through hard work, and we need at least a couple of candles in the darkness that would otherwise be TUSCL.

Sometime I get discourage about the ability of you morons here to ever learn anything. Perhaps the following quote by Max Planck is relevent:

"A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventuallydie and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

(And to pre-empt AN's lame rebuttal: no I do claim to be publishing scientific or mathematical research when I post here. It's just a hobby.)

If you don't believe what I am saying try the following experiment: Create a new account, and come on for a week or two posting so ideas very contrary to the conventional wisdom here. Count the number of strawmen and insults you recieve.

have a nice day
    -davids
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, point taken.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    They don't answer directly, but the attention always results in more prank posts, polluting the board for those of us who want to discuss strip clubs.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, I was mostly bumping to push some of last night's post fest down and thought this one was ironic. I'm pretty confident RL/davids will not answer this post. I've never seen either of them directly answer any question, except for each other, and last night on one post.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Oh, chandler, in a more general sense, I wish I knew. I can't stop picking at scabs either.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    AN: Why are you constantly encouraging more posts from prank posters? Do you reply to spam email?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    RL, davids, any response? Anything?
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    RL is like a crazy half brother. davids on the other hand is more like the pussy of the group. That is why he is trying so hard to shout everyone down. Just remember his wasted breath may stink but it is only harmless bullshit.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I guess I should also mention that this post applies to davids, who I strongly suspect is the alternate personality (perhaps in a true psychological sense) of RL, as well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion