tuscl

Review Length

rediguan
Illinois
Friday, September 13, 2013 12:50 PM
Some posts lately about BS reviews or worthless reveiws. But what about a review that takes 30 mins to read and has 10 chapters and an index? I appreciate the effort for that kind of review but how many of you actually read the really long reviews? What is an appropriate length?

22 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    I read an in depth review all the way unless it becomes evident that it isn't worth reading all the way. An appropriate length? Hard to say. JUST not the very SHORT BS ones. Be detailed as possible & as descriptive as possible. Try to draw in the reader to your experience.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Example I was hacking off Did you feel that buddy
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Some of my reviews can be a bit wordy but I feel that I'm using the words to effect and for good reason as opposed to just writing without purpose or substance.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I'll take too long and too much info over too short and not enough.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    That's what she said.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I agree that too much is better than not enough. Whether I read a very long review or not depends on my interest in that club. If it's a ghetto club that I have been to before and have no interest in ever going back, I'm not going to read an extremely long review for it.
  • Ironcat
    11 years ago
    The old timers might remember this one "a review should be like a woman's skirt - long enough to cover the subject but short enough to be interesting" - adapted from high school Engish teachers response when students ask how long a paper should be.
  • Actionbx
    11 years ago
    I like them long especially if I haven't been to the area. But I don't care about the talk about drinks and food. Just tell me if it's safe to park, cover, VIP price, LD amount and if extras go on. The set up of the club and bathroom troll is not that important either.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Fuck lengthy reviews thats just sum dum tucks idea of b.s.'ing reviews and believing the longer it is the more it will be believable they went....just let me know the prices and can you get your Dick wet.....the rest is just blah blah blah blah blah filler shill bull tucking shit !
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    I agree no sentence but one paragraph is enough unless your trying to be a published author....jeez
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Doesn't the FAQ say something about making them long and interesting? I try to be fairly wordy but divide into paragraphs so if you don't want to read about the physical layout of the club (for example) you can just skip that part. Also provide a summary at the end like my high school English teacher taught me. In my opinion, if it doesn't fit on a single screen (desk or laptop screen, not mobile), it's too long.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    I could deal with this ^
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    "The old timers might remember this one "a review should be like a woman's skirt - long enough to cover the subject but short enough to be interesting" Perfect and agreed. I tend to get a little wordy at times, but I try to share as many pertinent details as possible.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Fuck lengthy reviews thats just sum dum tucks idea of b.s.'ing reviews and believing the longer it is the more it will be believable they went....just let me know the prices and can you get your Dick wet.....the rest is just blah blah blah blah blah filler shill bull tucking shit !" This response doesn't surprise me in the LEAST. With his/her apparent educational level, what else are we going to see.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Alcurd that sounds racist ^^^^
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Love yiu drack baby
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    It's not the length of the review that matters. It's the girth.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If the review looks like this /\. / \ /. \. /. \ /. \. /. \ where I can get a visual image. It's ok with me. That is if words can make me get the picture.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    So much for creating a visual.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Lol shark
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Just write the shit out of it
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    I like writing BS.