tuscl

Offshoot Thread: Valet Parking Horror Stories

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Besides bathroom trolls and dancers hanging out in the dressing room, one of the most common complaints/dislikes about strip clubs is valet parking. Yet, I don't think I've read any specific examples of bad things happening.

I've valet parked in Detroit and Las Vegas. Never a problem. Now, I certainly prefer to self park, but I don't hesitate to use it.

My worst parking experience was a couple of nasty door dings in a well-lit lot with a security guard and cameras. And this was in a self park lot - not valet.

I wanna hear real examples of valet horror stories. The one kid who is an afternoon valet at the Flight Club in Detroit is in college and studies when it's slow. Nice guy.

16 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    "My worst parking experience was a couple of nasty door dings in a well-lit lot with a security guard and cameras. And this was in a self park lot - not valet"

This can happen in ANY parking area ANYWHERE. Valet or self park. If you have a car you wish to keep pristine, DON't be parking it in public. If you don't like to pay a valet - go somewhere that DOESN'T charge for parking. NOT rocket science.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    The valet company pays the club,just another hook.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    A dancer told me that when they brought her car up on a very cold night, she could tell that somebody had been smoking pot in it while she was working.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "This can happen in ANY parking area ANYWHERE"

I know. That's my point. People have a disdain for valets, but I was saying my worst experience was with self park. Just as happens in a grocery store lot.
  • rediguan
    11 years ago
    Motor: Its probably happened to others before but at FlightClub in Detroit the valet guy tried to double charge me. My first time there I was told the valet fee was upfront. Ok and I give him the money. Sure enough, I come back out and he wants me to pay again. Get the manager, straighten it out. Valet guy backtracks and says he forgot I was the only customer to prepay.

Other than that its been pretty painless. And now I just jinxed myself...
  • Longball300
    11 years ago
    Have valet parked in Motown probably a hundred times and never had an issue.....not one time. Do I like the idea? Not really, but it is just part of the game. Silver Cricket = Self Park. BT's = safe lot behind Bamboozle's Bar one block east. Used to park side streets at Toy Chest and Subi's, now I'm just too lazy. Tip on Tips: Dudes always say "Pay on the way out" but I always give them a few bucks BEFORE, on the way in. They look at me weird and I say "I want you to be careful now" and they really seem to appreciate it. They park me up front or, several times have jumped me in front of people waiting on the way out. I say if you tip the valet on the way out it's too late.....
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "People have a disdain for valets"

If you don't want to use or have them in your car. GO somewhere that doesn't use valets. This is rather simple.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    <i>Alucard:If you don't want to use or have them in your car. GO somewhere that doesn't use valets. This is rather simple. </i>

God knows don't use the first amendment or anything! Shut up and stay home. Clubs don't listen anyhow! (The world according to Alucard.)
  • 10inches
    11 years ago
    I think the problem is that most people (myself included) hate paying for something that I can do just as easily an anyone else. just another rip off money maker for the club. might as well install a door man and charge you a couple of $ for him to open the door for you.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Hey Alutreefrog,if you don't want your ass to stink,wipe it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’ve heard there are three things you shouldn’t let anyone borrow:

1) Your spouse

2) Your House

3) Your car

Of course not all valet persons are bad people that don’t give a shit about your car; but I’ve heard bad stories.

The worst that happened to me was in Houston @ Legends. The club was packed on a Sat. night and their parking lot is not too big. When I got to the club; all that was “available” was valet – and they were charging $20 to boot. I had a rental and not being familiar w/ the area; decided to valet.

The dude parking the car seemed like some eastern European dude that barely spoke English. The next day I check my car in the sunlight and it had a big scratch on the back of the passenger side mirror – it was not there before. Fortunately the rental place didn’t see it or at least didn’t point it out to me.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I can't let anyone drive my vehicle for security reasons. That said, I've not stayed at clubs that insisted they park my car.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    My worst valet experience was at Flight Club, many years ago, maybe when it was still 747, before I found tuscl, before I knew what I was doing. It wasn't the valet's fault. The girls cleaned me out. Every last dime. I went to retrieve my car and realized oh shit, I don't have the $7 for the valet.

I scraped up $5 or so from waded up singles behind the seat and parking meter change. The valet took it, what else was he going to do? I think he felt sorry for me.
  • ScottyW
    11 years ago
    Self parked at Treasures in Houston, unfortunately in a tow zone. Cost $285 + $50 cab ride + $75 notary fee to get Hertz's car back from the Mexicans at 4am.

The $5 valet seems real cheap now days!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Once, those evil human beings otherwise known as valets, changed my radio station. Oh the humanity.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    @ LDK...that is just car jacking yourself
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion