tuscl

Off topic not feeling much pleasure or pain

I believe alcohol can numb you and at times I think parts of my body stay somewhat numb. It made me wonder when I cut myself again tonight by accident and I barely felt it.

Apparently there are some people who feel no pain at all.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/magazi…

This is not good and often results in an early death due to not feeling pain when something is wrong. Such as a broken bone internal bleeding or something else wrong.
I never heard about this before and thought I would share. I was wondering on another thread if I have a more difficult time emotionally bonding with someone because I simply do not feel very much OxyContin or those feel good chemicals. I'm not numb all over. That would really suck.

Have you ever heard of someone who can't feel any pain? Makes me wonder if they can't feel pleasure sensations.

4 comments

• tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Is this fucking cat for real?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Have you ever heard of someone who can't feel any pain?"

Only in a "Dragon Tattoo Trilogy" film.

• mrrock
    11 years ago
    I got nerve damage somehow about three years ago and ever since I can't feel the entire back side of my left leg and part of the bottom of the foot. I also have an uncle who stepped on a rusty nail as a child and got nerve damage and can't feel anything in that leg.

It does suck. You miss not feeling there. You do feel pressure but that's all. :(
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I dated a stripper once and now I can't feel my heart.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion