tuscl

Stripper "Life Cycle" ?

Friday, January 6, 2006 2:43 AM
Do strippers have a life cycle like consumer products? 1. Intro period where great things are going on attitude improves, mileage grows etc. 2. Give great dances develop regulars and maximize mileage in the club 3. Develop attitudes, revert to "Wanna Dance" method 4. Sit by the bar and get fat - dance for a few old regulars

6 comments

• casualguy
    18 years ago
    I've never encountered stages 3 and 4 from dancers I'm familiar with. Maybe I never went to the clubs as often as some people do or I was too busy seeing some dancers OTC.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Here are some rough patterns that I've noticed or discussed with strippers: There is an initial period of two weeks are so which in which many girls simply decide that it is not the life for them and bail. That's a screening process right there, and is one of the big reasons why strippers are not representative of the population at large. After this initial stage I think there are a couple of things that happen: Girls with good personalities but low mileage get regulars who are hungry for fresh meat. The money is amazing. Eventually, however, as these strippers do not date their regulars or up their mileage the regulars become frustrated and move on. The smart girls at this stage move to a different club to begin the cycle anew. Not sure what happens to the ones that stay behind... The money isn't as good anymore though. For other girls without the great personalities but doing low mileage, they find it hard to attract regulars and hence make good money. For these girls mileage will increase and attitude will worsen due to the disillusion and drop in self-image (few women are going to be comfortable with being prostitutes). Probably the time when drug and other addictions may develop as an escape. Ethics erodes. I think some women get trapped in the money addiction/low self-image/poor ethics categories long term. These are the lifes I have so much trouble dealing with. But then, for most, there seems to be a turning point. Maybe some guy comes along to rescue them, or they hit rock bottom and figure out on their own how to save themselves (self-help tapes? religion?). You can see their self-image and confidence improving. Takes a while but eventually they get to the point where they decide that their true identity is not "stripper" and at this point they leave and go to school and lead normal lives. Or they just decide they are comfort doing strippers and do that while their looks last and then leave. Again these are just rough patterns I've noticed, and I am sure there are other cycles. In the some cases the girls fitting these patterns are still under observation by me, so it will be interesting to see what the "life cycle" is.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    In stage 1) you think that great things going on to them causes them to increase mileage and have a better attitude? Dude, if they are increasing mileage crappy things are going on. This is a very interesting topic, though. Let me give it some thought and post later on.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Mess, you missed a couple of steps: 1a - get into drugs bigtime, 2a - become tied to worthless BF, 5 - become crack ho. Just kidding, I agree with Yoda.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    Some probably end up burried in the crawl space under RL/davids mom's house. (Those filthy whores.)
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Some follow this path, some don't. This has more to do with who they are than what thier job is. I know dancers in their mid 30's and early 40's who can put some chubby, lazy 20 sometings to shame-in both looks and attitude. Stereotyping dancers is often counterproductive to having fun in a strip club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion