tuscl

Bikini baristas in Washington state accused of prostitution

EVERETT, Wash. (KABC) -- Eight bikini espresso stands suspected of acting as fronts for prostitution rings were raided by local police in Everett, Wash., on Tuesday.

The stands, which use suggustive names like "Twin Peaks" and "Java Juggs," were subjects of undercover operations, according to police. Investigators found evidence of crimes ranging from lewd conduct to sexual activity.

Snohomish County Sheriff's Sgt. Darrell O'Neill was arrested in connection with the stands. Police believe O'Neill, a 30-year veteran, was tipping off the stands to police investigations.

Police said they learned about the stands during their investigation into O'Neill.

"That included video surveillance, that included in person undercover surveillance and interviews with witnesses," said Deputy Chief Dan Templeman.

O'Neill is being held on suspicion of conspiracy to promote prostitution and official misconduct, and police said more arrests might be coming. Some baristas who were interviewed could be charged with crimes later.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?sectio…

1 comment

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Three of the coffee stands involved, are very close to where I live. One is across the street from a now-closed strip club, Honey's. Former strippers are baristas at some of the stands. I personally know one of them. She's back to dancing now. She quit a week before the raids.

The owner is a former UHM dancer at the also now-closed Rick's in Seattle. She seemed to forget that she doesn't work at a strip club anymore. This is now the second time (first was in 2011) that she's been busted for serving up boobs and other body parts in addition to coffee, (which I can personally attest to).

It's interesting to note that the story is through KABC, a radio/TV station in L.A. Numerous local media outlets "covered" the story.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion