tuscl

District pays stripper-teacher $45,000

Susan Brennan sued West Ottawa Public Schools

Updated: Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013, 4:20 PM EDT

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - West Ottawa Public Schools will pay $45,000 to a former teacher who sued, saying she was fired after the district found out she was once a stripper.

The district agreed to pay Susan Brennan $37,000, plus $8,000 for attorney fees, according to the details of the settlement, which 24 Hour News 8 obtained via the Freedom of Information Act.

Susan Brennan said the school tried to get rid of her once they discovered she had been a stripper in 2006 while on a leave of absence from the school. Later, they reached an agreement that protected her from retaliation based on her previous employment.

But in a federal lawsuit filed in August 2012, Brennan claimed the district then began giving her bad evaluations after the agreement.

The settlement, which was reached in May, ends the suit, as well as all other claims against the district.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/ott…

6 comments

• deogol
    11 years ago
    Good. Shit that is legal shouldn't be held against you. I read all about strippers who are going to be teachers on stripper web!
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I frequently learn a lot from strippers.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    (WOOD)$45,000 to a teacher or a stripper,whats the difference,you still get educated one way or another.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Great call letters for a TV station, WOOD.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I don't know why they would want to get rid of her. Class attendance should be up.
    Of course it is the parents who don't approve of a former job choice.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    That gave me wood
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion