tuscl

How dangerous is the neighborhood around Vick's Place in Irvington, NJ?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:04 PM
I've been reading reviews about this place and would really like to check it out, but everyone keeps saying how dangerous the neighborhood is. It seems like if you go during the day, there's not much worry of getting robbed or anything, but your parked car could be in danger? Anybody wanna share more about their experiences around the area?

8 comments

• gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I died here.
  • sexualchoc
    11 years ago
    I haven't been to Vick's in years but yeah, it's a BAD AREA!! I was VERY nervous leaving my car parked around the block but thankfully, all was good! They've got all ethnics of bad in that area....
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    Dude, seriously, you cannot miss the Vic's experience. Forget about the safety, it's not a problem. Just don't hang around at night. As I recall Vic's isn't even open at night (?) You park on the side street and walk into the club. Have a blast, the place is not to be missed.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Beware of dog!
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    In this country even the worst spots are usually okay in the daylight. Don't be stupid and I suspect you'll be fine.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Vic’s had 81 reviews. I’ve read a few of them in the past and I don’t recall anyone saying “don’t come here” or “I came here and some bad shit happened to me” etc. etc. Seems like most of the reviews recommend you go there b/c of the “attentive service”. I am a white guy and I go to black dives all the time. It is definitely a bit intimidating at first when not used to it, but I’ve never had any issues. As in any metropolitan area; I would make sure I did not leave any valuables inside my car that were visible thru the windows.
  • jonathantaylor
    11 years ago
    Thanks guys for all the comments. That was helpful, I think I'll go check it out!
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ write a review if you do. And remember that it appears the club is only open during the daytime and closed at night (probably by 7 or 8 p.m.).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion