tuscl

Choosing the Song

I remember a hole of a club near Huntsville would allow one to 'pay' for songs on the Jukebox for the LP. Any other clubs these days allow you to choose your own music instead on relying on the 12 year old looking DJ?

This could be just another revenue stream, though small for Club Owner. That I'd like to see this, just wondering why it is not more widespread.

11 comments

• she_is_covfefe
    11 years ago
    Most clubs in southeast Virginia allow this.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Nothing finer than a jukebox.

No not a Juicebox.
  • igloo9999
    11 years ago
    most clubs in the Akron area still run a jukebox and for the cost of the songs, I've never had a dancer decline playing what I wanted to hear.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    A lot of dancers prefer to choose their own music. Makes sense if you think about it.
  • Rod8432
    11 years ago
    Hip Hugger in Kokomo IN is a juke box club. And the mgmt only stocks it with mostly decent stuff from the 70s - 90s. Not much rap or hip-hop, thank God. The girls pick their own stuff, although I'm sure if a PL ponied up a few bucks to hear something specific, the girls would be be accommodating.

A girl named Joey there plays Country-Western songs, wears cowboy gear, and does country dancing. A spectacular young thing, she's slender with small natural breasts and killer ear nibbles. Easily my favorite for the night I was there, and she tamed my bucking bronco in the LD section with flair. Not to be missed if in the area...
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    The DC Clubs have digital jukeboxes no DJ's to deal with but you have to "work" with the dancer to get your music played.

One old fuck loves to load up the jukebox with Elvis, Bobby Darrin, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Perry Cuomo and others of the same ilk. The dancers all hate him. Oh they still take his tips and pay attention to him but they really do hate him. Most of us just laugh.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    "A girl named Joey there plays Country-Western songs, wears cowboy gear, and does country dancing."

Okay, now I do respect everyone's right to choose how they like to be entertained, and different people like different things....but....

Dude, you give me a chick wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy had and some jean shorts who is "boot scootin'" across the stage (or whatever the hell they call it), and I am out of my seat and out the door before Randy Travis can finish the first bar of whatever song he's singing.

That stuff is anti-boner for me. Sexual Kryptonite.

Now, on the other hand, the cowboy look can be done REALLY well, but it requires a skill that few women have. You get a tall, statuesque blonde with lots of real long bleached blonde hair, down to her butt, and a super tight fitness body with HUGE fake tits, and tanned muscular legs and stiletto heels, and you put her in a pair of ultra-short jean shorts, and a way-too-small top that is tied in the front in a knot and can barely contain her huge tits, and give her one of them cowboy hats that is well worn and folded around her head....NOW we're talking.

But if she dances to country music...sorry, I still have to leave. It's just wrong.

• mmdv26
    11 years ago
    ^^^ j40, you're describing Daisey Mae...she dances to hillbilly hip-hop
  • motorhead
    11 years ago

For Mr. Mojo Risin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUAk-CRNC…

Tell them dancers to quit hatin' on the old guys. Jay-Z and the Bieb couldn't couldn't come close filling out Mr. Darin's jockstrap. He is the defition of "cool"

• MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    ^Mr. Motor I couldn't agree with you more cause I too "keeps them pearly white!"

I can't wait until he finds out that Maurice Chevalier is on the J-Box because watching my 20yo ATF dance to "Thank Heaven..." is going to make my head explode...
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    At my favorite club, I've gotten to choose the set the girls dance to on 3 different occasions, which is weird, since technically, they are not supposed to choose their own music there, even though it's a juke box. But if the owner's brother is in charge, he doesn't care what music gets played, so the dancers do choose their music when he's around, but not if the owner's there. I just think that's odd, Anyway, the favorites who let me pick their music love the metal as much as me, so they let me choose
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion