tuscl

What She Really Means: Stripper-to-English Translations

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
I don't think we've done this here before. Could be a helpful reference for those not familiar with the dialect. I'll kick it off with a few examples. Please add any others you've come to understand:

"Would you watch my bag while I go onstage?" = "Don't you dare let some other bitch sit with you."

"You have a big dick" = "I want you to stay hard so you keep getting dances."

"I'll be right back" = "I've got bigger fish to fry. You've seen the last of me for tonight."

11 comments

• tropicalH2O
    19 years ago
    AN: I actually have some really good friends that I've met in clubs. Friends that I go to concerts with, former lovers, friends I talk with weekly and celebrate birthdays with ;)!! Being a dancer has been fun and rewarding. I can be a healthcare professional for the rest of myself, taking a detour into the adult world of dancing has been life enhancing and I don't regret it! I have club friends too that we just talk when we see each other in the club. If I don't lke someone, I don't dance for him. I usually like most people, some I feel neutral about and ones that are really aggressive or nasty are the ones I stay away from. Hell, I've even forgiven "Nuclear Custard" and continue to dance for him.
  • tropicalH2O
    19 years ago
    Hello, gentlemen. By now you've deduced that I'm not your typical stripper, so my intepretations are different than others, although I've seen a lot of crazy stuff in different clubs - I'll start another thread on good, sexual club drama.

Most dancers when they say "friend" actually mean generous customer. When a dancer tells you that sometimes she can 'get off' with a customer and that she thinks that she can with you; it's just a ruse to get you to stay on the couch longer - unless of course the dancer is me because I get very wet, hence the name "TropicalH2O".
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    The thing that bothers me is that sometimes I really DO mean "maybe later." Often I get approached just after getting to the club (even before getting a drink), sometimes just after leaving the private dance area. When I say AND mean"maybe later" sometimes I'll never see them again, while sometimes I have to go hunt them down or drop a hint at the tip rail.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Strippers say "I'll be right back" instead of "Bye" for the same reasons customers say "Not right now" or "Maybe later" instead of "No thanks." Hmm, I wonder if strippers have a Customer-to-English Translation thread on their Web forums.
  • messaround
    19 years ago
    Are you a cop? = High mileage is on the way
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    "Can I join you/Would you like some company?" = You look like an easy mark.

"Her, oh she's a really sweet girl." = The bitch is mutch higher mileage than me so don't even think it bub.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    "Hello!" - "I want all your money!"
  • looker123
    19 years ago
    "I don't normally do this but I trust you." = shut up or the club will get busted and we'll all be screwed.

Just another interpretation!!
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    This will be a great one for TH2O.... I hope she catches on to this topic!!!
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    Usually heard in the CR:

"I don't normally do this but I trust you." = I do normally do this but don't be stupid enough to tell anyone else or I'll get fired.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    T, Way back when a certain poster had a bug up his ass about strippers calling customers friends. You missed that series of threads luckily. No real need to re-hash it other than to say that most of us agree with you, but don't consider the stripper to be dishonest when using the term.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion