tuscl

That Damned Strip Club Music

EarlTee
Horny old bastard.
Monday, April 29, 2013 7:43 PM
It's been discussed many times before. Like several of you, I'm a wretched old fuddy-duddy and don't like the music played in most clubs. So... I was in Burger King, in a lily-white heavily-Mormon suburb of Phoenix, and the clientele was working folks on their lunch breaks, some retirees, a few of this and that. And the music being played over the awesome Burger King sound system was rap, synthpop, rap, hip house, and rap. Exactly the sort of thing I hear at strip clubs. Why? The only explanations I could come up with are: (1) The manager's an idiot. (2) It's all about turning over tables; don't let people get too comfortable in there, but instead chase them away. I guess number 2 is a flavor of number 1, since people you chase away tend not to return. What am I missing?

7 comments

• ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Go in tomorrow and place your order. When it's time to pay, climb over the counter and pay by slapping singles onto the manager's ass. Say "your supposed to get down on your hands and knees and turn around, ya know".
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Maybe that's what the mormons like. They have lots of money
  • azdd
    11 years ago
    A lot of chain places get their music from corporate, sometimes from a dedicated satellite station feed. I was in Chipotle recently and they had awesome music playing in the house. Excellent blues, and some very cool mash ups. It was so good I went and asked the manager about the music, and she said I could find it on the Chipotle website. I did find some info, but not the stuff they were playing that day.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Chipotle always has cool music playing there, although I doubt much of it is stripclubworthy. I haven't been in a Burger King for 7 years and a McDonalds for nearly 10, so I have no idea what they're up to.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I stop at McD to take a McDump
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I always flush twice so it makes it all the way to the kitchen
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Take your spending money somewhere else if you don't like a company's music. And let them know about it. Enough word of mouth should have an impact eventually.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion