tuscl

Here is a 2Amer for DandyDan

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Two people were reportedly shot early Sunday morning as hundreds gathered outside Big Earl's Gold Mine, a strip club just north of Des Moines city limits.

Authorities have not released the names or conditions of those shot.

The shooting occurred around 3:20 a.m. outside the strip club at 4745 NW Second St.

Deputies are interviewing witnesses and have not identified a suspect or suspects, said Jana Abens, a Polk County Sheriff's spokesman.

There was lots of confusion when deputies arrived, as 300 to 400 people had gathered along Second Street in the two block's between Big Earl's and Quik Trip, Abens said.

5 comments

• tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Crickets,crickets,crickets.
  • SoonerSam
    11 years ago
    I used to go there about 15 years ago. It was an interesting club - catered to a gangsta clientele. But they had hot girls and good mileage.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Update:

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say a shooting outside of an Iowa strip club killed one man in a large crowd and injured another.

The Polk County Sheriff's office says the shooting happened just before 3:30 a.m. in a parking lot outside Big Earl's Gold Mine club

At the time of the shooting, more than 300 people were gathered between the strip club, which is just north of Des Moines, and a nearby gas station for an after-hours party.

Authorities found 23-year-old Reginald Renard Bryan Jr. with a gunshot wound. The Florida man died later at a Des Moines hospital.

Another man, 24-year-old Matthew Millsap of Des Moines, was shot in the leg and is expected to be released from the hospital later Sunday.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I'm just glad I wasn't there when that happened. Then again, I can't believe it happened there because the last time I wanted to go there, there were 6 cars in the parking lot and I just skipped it the last time I went clubbing in Des Moines. OTOH, the whole catering to the gangsta clientele thing is accurate. This gives me another reason to avoid that place.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Repeal the 2nd Amendment & confiscate & destroy all guns.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion