tuscl

City of Industry Clubs - Changes Coming

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:01 PM
I'm a great fan of the Strip Club Hound. I read his blog regularly. His April 8th entry, "City of Industry," notes some interesting events in that city's strip clubs. See: [view link] City of Industry, CA, clubs have offered a high concentration of high mileage clubs for years. Not much ever changes there with respect to strip club laws there, but one is in the offing.

11 comments

• vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    Holy shit, COI is cracking down.
  • Chanel
    11 years ago
    It's interesting to read what's going on behind the scenes. I read the article referenced by you and then scrolled down a bit to see what else he had to say. I had never seen the Hound's Blog Spot before but the essay dated Tuesday April 2 sounds VERY similar to the club I left recently. (And for the same reason stated).
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    CoI's very nature makes it vulnerable to one large business or a group of businesses in town deciding they're no longer comfortable to be in a location with a reputation; though that was always the case, CoI has also been depopulating really fast (777 official residents in the 2000 Census, just 219 in the 2010 Census) which means the local authorities become weak vis-a-vis neighboring towns and the County (from where it gets most of its public services already).
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Us COI clubbers are not happy about it, but it could be so much worse. Lets hope it stops there.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I thought I just read something about California pushing back last call to 4AM?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    You may have to travel a bit farther soon it seems.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Personally, 2AM closing not an issue for me, as I've very rarely stayed past 2AM at any club in the last 15 years. Gotta avoid those "2AMers"............
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    Further information: According to their web site Monarchs will have their grand opening tomorrow April 11th. Looking at their web site they show that 'half price specials' will be 10 topless and 20 nude, which is the normal price at DV down the street. So it looks like they will be trying to be the 'premium' club of the area. I can only presume that the Pinks name was dropped out of trademark problems. There is a very famous hot dog chain in California also named Pinks.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    I don't understand why you guys are freaking about this...they changed the closing time. BFD. I don't get it. Who the fuck goes to a strip club in COI between 2am and 4am? And who the fuck cares? When they start raiding the high mileage clubs and maybe initiate a 6 foot law, then yeah, start freaking. But what the fuck did this make you guys get your panties in a bunch over?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Inno: Thanks for your input. I knew I could count on you for local, accurate information. According to the club's website, it's definitely adhering to a 2:00 a.m. closing time: [view link] Also, rather than a copyright issue, I wonder if the name Monarch's, is just an attempt to convince the public that a new strip club is truly opening at the former Hawaii Theater location, after the failed attempt under the name, Pink's. Apparently, as of last October, the then potential name of Monarch's was known. See: [view link] I wasn't aware of that at the time. If you'll notice my comments, I was only aware of Pink's back then.
  • endlesstempo
    11 years ago
    Interesting. I have to take a red-eye to go out of town today so I might actually be able to stop by on my way to the airport and take a look at Monarch's if it is open. Also regarding the 2 am closing.. it sucks but I guess it's not the end of the world. It'll make some dancers' lives harder since they'll make less (because of spending less time at the club), which may have the unintended effect of driving up the cost of extras. But who knows.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion