tuscl

Soul Food with Da' Juiceman

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
"I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever;" - John 6:51

Did you know that the ultimate "soul food" is the Bread of Life? Have you tasted this bread? Do you know about it? This food makes you feel satisfied and content, sort of like your favorite meal. Now, don't get me wrong, some of my most satisfying times are spent enjoying good soul food with close friends and family...fried chicken, turnip greens, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, cornbread, and butter beans. Man, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Okay, back to the devotion.

As good as all that soul food sounds, only the Bread of Life provides lasting satisfaction and contentment. Jesus tells us He is the Bread of Life, the ultimate soul food, because only He provides us with spiritual nourishment that lasts.

During the Passover meal the night before His crucifixion, He broke bread with the disciples. He said the bread symbolized His body and that He would be broken on the cross. Christ wanted all of us to know He is the Bread of Life: the only food that brings contentment and fulfillment to our souls.

I love soul food, especially the ultimate soul food, the Bread of Life--Jesus Christ.

18 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Juicebox – are you okay?

:)
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    But in all honesty, it is good that you are thinking on these things, IMO.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Just being the chaplin of tuscl....that is all....its easter and its nice to have a little service to put us all in the mood of the holiday.....its a time for us all to let the past pass away and letting the future bring us life and more of it
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Thank you for your love papi
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    I'm reminded of when Ben Franklin was a boy he was walking down the street in Philadelphia with a loaf of bread under one arm and his other hand in his pocket. An elderly woman stopped him saying, "Master Franklin, I see you have the staff of life in your hand. And what is in your other hand?" " Franklin replied," A loaf of bread".
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit you have to eat.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Gasket i quiet injoyed that...and you to Mr. Shadow
  • dallas702
    12 years ago
    Juice, reread the Gospels closely. Was that one Passover meal described, beginning after sundown Friday (Jewish time = our Thursday evening) or are two meals described? Perhaps first a gathering of friends and family one evening followed the next night by the more formal ritual of a Passover meal. And after all that lamb, greens, dipping sauce, flatbread and wine, I wonder how long it took them to hike (or stagger) out of the walled city, past the cemetery, through the ditch and up the hill into the olive orchard where Peter and company took a nap until Hay-Zeus got nabbed by the cops?

Is the heaven described by Jesus some reward to come on the other side of death? Or was he speaking of a way to live in joy and grace here and now? Did Jesus say sit in a corner and pray so that when you die good things happen? Some might read the Gospel accounts and think Jesus said, "Do good when you can and party hardy right now, and you are already in Heaven!"
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    Dallas702 - I'm sure you know lots more than I regarding the Bible. All I know is when I'm between the legs of my ATF, that's Heaven!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Four fried chickens and a Coke
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Lol....love you mo head
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Bread of life = $
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    You a crazy mofo...; )
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Gater gets it
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    $$$$
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Juiceman: That meal does sound like mana from heaven. I have not been in the deep south lately. I used to find those little storefront restraunts in small towns in the south that had the best specials like that. But Dude you forgot the pie!!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Yes...apple pie with vanilla ice cream....shit yea
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion