tuscl

Bad strip club names

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Wednesday, February 8, 2006 3:33 AM
"The Lumber Yard" ? What were they thinking? Sounds like a gay social club. "Medusa"? As in the mythical gorgon who was so ugly she could turn a man to stone? Well, I guess getting men hard is the point, but come on! Any other nominations?

16 comments

• ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    making the world a better place one post at a time
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I love the Out House. You just drive to this house down this country road and there it is. It's cramped and there's not a lot of privacy, but for $20, you can touch the dancer's boobies while she grinds in your lap. Haven't been there in a while, but I also don't go to Lawrence as much as I used to.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I actually like the offbeat names. If I'm in an unfamiliar town and see from the Yellow Pages that there are two strip clubs nearby, I'm more likely to hit the one with a name like Outhouse or Lumberyard rather than the one called Gold Club. The former sound like they'll be cheaper, more earthy, and a lot more fun.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I'd go to the Outhouse. I'd hesitate to try Thee Outhouse.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    Just saw two in the Recent Review section. "Buffalo Station" in Gallatin Gateway, Montana and "Out House" in Lawrence, Kansas. Those sure make me want to stop in!
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    Th' Katch Show Bar, Mouse's Ear Exotic Sports Bar- WTF!
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    The Porthole, Bada-Bing
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    I remember Mother's. Always nice to tell the wife I'm going over to Mother's.
  • Mikeybush
    18 years ago
    "The Fuzzy Grape" always had me scratching my ...noggin.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Show-n-Tell Showbar? Sounds like something I should be taking my grandkids to. And Showcase Theater is neither.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I agree that many names show no imagination. The problem is when they try to be imaginitive the results suck even worse. Lady Godiva's Excalibur Club in West Virginia? Oasis Goodtime Emporium? Uncle Buck's Northern Exposure? What are these guys on?
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I think I have seen at least 4 different Play Houses (playhouses), including the club closest to me. I'm sorry, but a playhouse, to me, is a place where actors act out Shakespeare. I've also seen 3 different Baby Dolls. On the other hand, I like the name of Yankton SD's Cock-a-Too Lounge.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    While not really a bad name I've never understood "Spearmint Rhino". It sounds like one of those '60's happenings where they thought combining incongrous words like "pigeon-toed orange peel" was groundbreaking. Although Iron Butterfly and Led Zeppelin survived OK I guess.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    A new record, I've hijacked my own thread within two posts.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Yeah, I always assumed Spearmint Rhino came from that era. Sounds like an old head shop. I like vintage trendy names like that (just not for a huge, corporate chain). My favorite is Go-Go Rama. Sounds like a Hullabaloo dance party with groovy chicks in cages doin' The Frug. "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out!!"
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Thee Dollhouse? Does "Thee" and not "The" mean they can charge more? What's up with all the chain clubs that append a cutesy "Too" to their names instead of "Two"? Try typing "too" in the quick search and see all the results that come back. Multiple "Crazy Horse Too" clubs, "Fritz That's Too"? A lot of clubs make a bad name worse by attaching "Gentlemen's Club" to make sure we get it. "Clown's Den Gentlemens Club", "Lollipops Gentlemen's Club", "Centerfolds Sports Cabaret & Gentlemens Club".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion