Good Strip Club names.

AbbieNormal
Maryland
I've always thought "The Body Shop" was clever. I also have a weakness for "Sam's Hof Brau" because you can't get less stripclubish in a name.

9 comments

• DandyDan
    19 years ago
    My alltime personal favorite club name (and a place I have visited) is the Bear Chest Lounge in Beloit Wisconsin.
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    Naked Harem (El Paso, TX)
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I meant to add, confirming the Hiphugger's late 60s origins, one wall in the lapdance corner used to be covered by a huge photo enlargement of the 1969 moon landing, about 8' high by 12' wide. I used to think, "That's one small grope for a man..." It's still there, but since 9/11 it has been covered with a huge American flag. I guess they're saying the best we can do as Americans to strike a blow against the terrorists is to get a lapdance.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Mons Venus

LOCK THREAD
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Okay, UNLOCK THREAD. Thank you.

The Body Shop sounds very 1970s to me, not that there's anything wrong with that. Generic sounding names like The Band (I know, late 60s) or The Comedy Store were big along with puns and double meanings for businesses, like Hairesy (salon) or Lettuce Entertain You. The pun trend hasn't gone away to this day.

A name that sounded very dated until a few years ago when the fashion cycle caught up with it again is the Hiphugger in Kokomo. I'll bet anything that club was named in the late 60s. Think Booker T. and the MGs, "Hip Hug Her". By the 70s noboby wore them or called them that anymore. What's ironic is I doubt there was a chance to hug a stripper's hips at the Hiphugger until sometime in the 80s, but eventually it acquired that meaning, too. Of course the fashion revival was termed lowriders this time around, but Hiphugger sounds so much cooler.
  • skdii
    19 years ago
    Although I've never been, I've got to admit "The Great Alaskan Bush Company" sounds like aplace I'd wanna hang out.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I like names like Erotic Cafe, Cafe Risque, Foxy Lady. You don't have to guess whether or not they are strip clubs.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Should have added Dangerous Curves. That's a great name.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    Booby Trap, Live Nude Girls
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion