tuscl

"Strip for Me" Hebrews 12:1 (NLT) --Jesus

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
A billboard from a Birmingham church:

http://www.wsfa.com/story/21791132/churc…

This billboard should get attention, especially during Holy Week, but the church is being rather misleading. This is not a quote by Jesus at all but rather a statement by the unknown writer of Hebrews (Paul or some other apostle). The statement with more context:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1 (New Living Translation)

Another translation says:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" (New International Version)

It seems unlikely that Jesus was a PL.

5 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    The Rock Church in Birmingham, Ala., says its unusual billboard is serving its purpose, grabbing people's attention and making patrons of a local strip club think twice about how they spend their money, MyFoxAl.com reported.

The church's sign quotes Jesus from Hebrews, saying simply, "Strip for me." The message: Instead of spending money in a strip club, spend it in a way that will better your family and yourself.

Even more powerful, perhaps, is the location of the sign, which can be seen just behind The Palace Gentlemen's Club sign on 3rd Avenue West in the city's downtown.

Pastor Mike McClure, Jr., expected some negativity in response to the billboard but he said he doesn't mind. He says his church is out to change lives of Magic City men.

"We strategically picked the strip club because we want the brothers who are walking in...to know God has a greater cause for your life," he said.

McClure says the religious message is clear in the scripture on the billboard.

"The scripture says...slows down, maybe your life is slow because of stuff you need to strip off. When you begin to strip watch how fast your life goes," he said.

McClure wants to hold men accountable and encourage them to stay out of strip clubs and spend more time being good fathers and family members. He says the big picture is making Birmingham better.

"It all starts with a good man in the house," he said.

For a better photo go here:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/26/ala…
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    I suppose if it works there's no harm done.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Juice aproved....and yes all of gods most holy if prohits was and still are major PL's
  • zipman68
    12 years ago
    My kind of church! Only the ZMT (zipman translation) says "...let those who are hot girls strip off their cloths and show some sweet, sweet vag, for the cleansing of sin occurs with the viewing of vag..." My translation is based on something far more profound that the Textus Receptus...I based my translation on the Textus Sexus where the Rosy Crucifixion fuels my thoughts.

I know our bud Juice is spiritual...but for other folks, what would it take for you folks to embrace the LAWD?!!! Strippers in church would do it fo' me!!!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Rev. Zip it would bring me to the Lawd 2 my friend
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion