tuscl

Oh well, another marriage bites the dust

Wife Can't Forgive Husband Who Cheated On Her For Years
By Abigail Van Buren
DEAR ABBY: I have been married 30 years and have raised four children to adulthood. I recently found out my husband has been having an affair with a prostitute from a strip club. He paid all her living expenses and promised to marry her. She was 26 when it started; he is 56. He told her his wife had run away with another man and that he was divorced. When I confronted him, he lied, lied, lied.
He wants to continue living together and pretend nothing happened. He went to counseling and quit. Then he went to a psychiatrist, who diagnosed him with a "mixed personality disorder." He says he wants to make up for his mistake with me, but all the while he was having unprotected sex.
I doubt he'll ever stop lying to me because he always has. I can't spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder because this has happened before, although not to this extent. He said he just "led a double life" and he doesn't want to do it anymore. He admitted he did it because he never thought he would get caught.
During this long affair, he was brazen, arrogant and abusive to me. Now he wants to be attentive, but he makes me sick. What do I do? -- CAN'T TRUST HIM IN NEW JERSEY

DEAR CAN'T TRUST HIM: Only you can decide that, but in order to do it rationally, without anger or vengefulness, I'm advising you to make up your mind after some sessions with a psychologist on your own. What your husband wants at this point is far less important than what you want. And why you would want to continue in a marriage to an abusive philanderer is something only you can answer.

14 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Some wives just don't get it. :)
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    The guy is a bit older than the RickyBoy claims to be, but do you really think the RickyBoy is above lying about his age? Otherwise the story matches!
  • EarlTee
    12 years ago
    "Mixed personality disorder" means that although he's an abusive gullible liar, there's nothing specific wrong with him.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Some wives just don't get it. :)"

NO! It is the married men who DON'T get it!
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "The guy is a bit older than the RickyBoy claims to be, but do you really think the RickyBoy is above lying about his age? Otherwise the story matches!"

Nah, there is one critical difference. I would never lie to the stripper. ;)
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Wow you deserve a medal rick
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    That was tongue in cheek Joe. There are actually several differences. For starters, I am much younger. Second, I wouldn't pay for her apartment or say things to keep her on the hook - why the fuck buy a second cow when the milk is available from so many udders? ;) The whole purpose in messing around on the side is to get some variety, not to get bogged down with yet another woman's drama.
  • two4fun1225
    12 years ago
    That is why i take my wife with me..and whatever happens happens
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "having an affair with a prostitute"

Nickie Ferrante:
    "I cheat. It's an addiction."

(Cary Grant in "An Affair to Remember"

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    Why does he want to reconcile with his ugly old wife? Ditch the bitch! You can have a lot more fun with hot young strippers, and paying for sex is cheaper than marriage in the long run.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    I dislike customers like this guy. The last time I had a customer like the OP, I told the wife abot it and the PL got kicked out of the house and had to pay her lots in alimony. I prefer my customers to be single, divorced or widowers.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Jay, I hear what you're saying, but I'm also sure you know that a significant % of club customers are married. Married guys also often have more disposable cash than single guys, who tend to be younger, or divorced guys, who are often paying alimony and child support (unless they are deadbeats, but then they have little $$$ anyway).

I guess that I'm fortunate to find gals who don't have as many qualms about taking my money. ;)
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    JayJay - look who's calling the kettle black. A married dancer.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    This is only vaguely to do with strip clubs. The main issues are lying to your spouse, exposing your spouse unknowingly to danger, and making your spouse put up with being a miserable shit.

If it were simply a matter of him having (safe) recreational sex with other women, either he has to give it up or she has to accept it, that's a diffurt strokes fer diffurt folks type thing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion