tuscl

SEATTLE: NEW STRIP CLUB PROPOSED

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:01 AM
It always makes the news when a new strip club is proposed in Seattle. I had heard that this one was coming through a dancer connected to the owner, but said, I'll believe it when I see it. It just made the news this morning: "Kittens Adult Cabaret" is proposed at 5800 Fourth Avenue South, Seattle. That's in the Georgetown District, about a mile from the Interstate 5 exit at Curson Ave., and app. 3/4 mile north of Boeing Field. Briefly scanning an aerial photo, the site appears to be well within an industrial area, and thus able to meet Seattle's 800-foot law. To date, only building permits have been made application for. The article states that other approvals needed are an adult entertainment premises license and have a business license., which have yet to be made application for. (I wonder about getting those approvals, considering the parties involved.) It appears it will be fraught with controversy right from the beginning. The owner is the current wife of one of the former owners of Talents West, a company forced to surrender all four of their previous Puget Sound Region strip clubs. The couple is conveniently seeking a divorce while all this transpiring; it would appear that the divorce is to legally separate the wife from the prior owner, per legal requirements in the former clubs' closures. [view link] Seattle club-goers and others, care to weigh in?

25 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Those Talent's West people sure knew how to run strip clubs! Well except they weren't good, ultimately, in keeping LE off their backs.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I really don't know what they guys are thinking. IMO, if they try to get going again LE will take them down again. There are already whispers that LE is getting ready to make a move on Pandora's. Think they need to accept that Seattle only wants corporate strip clubs that they can control, or maybe some empty non-corporate ones. Time for these people (TW) to find a line of work with better long term prospects!
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    For being a "progressive" city Seattle is one of the most uptight and boring cities for nightlife. I think Larry Flynt has a city council member or two in his pocket so he can control all the business in the Puget Sound area. He owns 90% of the club business. Talent West stepped on their own dicks by forcing girls to do extras by getting them into debt to the club (from a former employee) with loans and late fees so the only way to pay off was to do extras. If they ahd let nature take its course and not gotten greedy LE would have left them alone but LE had no choice when the feds got involved over Mann act and tax evasion. Once the camel got its nose in the tent door the do gooders had their in and have made business tough.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Maybe they should hire Dougster to run the clubs.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Maybe they should hire alutard to work a glory hole in one them.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Glory holes are old news try glory eletrical sockets
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I was giving you a compliment Dougster, and you can't even accept it without attacking.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Sure, alutard, sure. That is complete consist with your history! (Stupid faggot!)
  • JGoose
    11 years ago
    Oddly, when I found out about this and searched here a few weeks back, this didn't turn up. However, I work around the corner and it would be very convenient for me! It looks like Kettells is been getting the make over and the neon is gone from the sign, which has been painted black and KITTEN is painted on it. The windows are still boarded up, and from the outside it doesn't look like anything is being done. I imagine the owl will be a wide eyed kitten. While there won't be alcohol in the club, it's just about across the street from a bar (The Marco Polo), and few blocks away from the Georgetown bars on Airport Way. More links(Kettells is miss-spelled in each URL): [view link] [view link] Hopefully the dance pricing will be competitive with Dreamgirls Sodo up the street.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I don't know about Seattle, but as discussed earlier this week, I'm one that believes there are already too many clubs and the talent is already watered down. Detroit is building another new mega-club, opening is not far away, and I don't see the need at this time.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Tiredtraveller said it best.
  • JGoose
    11 years ago
    The S is now outlined and the building looks to have been given a coat of primer.
  • eclipse425
    11 years ago
    any update?
  • Kittens
    11 years ago
    The building looks BEAUTIFUL, don't ya think? It dresses up Georgetown.
  • JGoose
    11 years ago
    I'm on vacation right now, so I don't know how it's progressing, but the sign is pretty nice. Maybe I'll get to see it during daylight to see how it's progressing sometime this week. Last time I saw it, it did look nice. Even nicer without all those fucking trucks parked there, and with all the tags painted over!
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    It's looking pretty good outside(they took down the chainlink fence), and there is a banner indicating it's opening soon, but I have no idea how it looks inside.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    It seems like they open up a new club here in Portland every week lol. I guess the new club opening in Seattle is a big deal because there's such few clubs in Seattle.
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    Rumor has it, that it's opening today, but I can't find any info from Google. Last time I drove by (05 Jan) they just had a banner on the side of the building, saying they were opening soon. Still no website, and nobody answers the phone number listed in the waitress ads, so who knows?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Jgoose-Thanks for keeping us updated. You're like a strip club reporter in the trenches.
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    Thanks man! The sign is looking great though. No where near as obnoxious as Dreamgirls Sodo. It does fit in well with the vintage of the neighborhood.
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    Looks like it did open last night. Fuckers! This is there website for now. No real information. Not even what the cover is... [view link] Someone finally answered the phone! Cover is $10, and you have to buy a $5 drink every hour. Dancer prices are not a standard rate like DV clubs, as the dancers set their own prices.
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    A review on their fb page says dances are $15, and VIP is $30. I'm guessing that's like Ricks with regular dances being in the main room on a couch, and VIP being in a booth. No mention yet of Champagne Room prices.
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    I spent some time there this evening after work. It has potential, and it could be a great place if it gets to reach critical mass. It sounds like the owner really wants a place for dancers to be happy with working there. I would get dances from the brunette waitress in a heartbeat! --- Anyways, the cover is $10, and you have to buy a drink every hour. $5 for soft drinks, and $6 for energy drinks and NA beer. I bought my $5 coke, and the waitresses never pushed me to buy another after the first hour. No lady drinks! If you are familiar the local DV clubs, you know what a couch is. Dances in the couch dance area are $15, and dances that are in the VIP(booths) are $30. Of course some dancers offer more for more. Song length looks to be a very constant 3 minutes. I've got a request in for the club to be added to the list of reviewable clubs so I'll get a proper review up when it gets listed.
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    I'll be! It looks like management is responding to customers comments and implementing changes as we squeak!
  • JGoose
    10 years ago
    I guess I'll have to see what happens on the 15th? Posted by a manager on the Kittens fb page" "How many of my friends would like free entry to Kittens Cabaret Grand Opening Party on Saturday February 15th? Also the location and date of the All State Pole Contest! (Rumored to be $1000 1st Place Prize!)"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion