tuscl

Work trip to Detroit

Kimi
Illinois
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:26 AM
Well, one of the suburbs. Anyway. It'll be my first time there. Since I'm unfamiliar with the area I don't want to go to a club in a shady part of town. Or at least super shady. My car isn't one to blend in either so that doesn't help. Any suggestions on which clubs I should look up?

22 comments

• georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    What have the existing reviews told you?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Try Flight Club.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I agree with Alucard. The Flight Club is a nice upscale club in a western suburb (Inkster) not far from the airport. Very easy to get to from the interstate. On a well traveled road. Probably as safe as you can get in the area. Valet parking only required. Never been a problem. Many of the "10's" have moved to other clubs, like the Penthouse on 8-Mile Road. Still ok, but that's in the city and maybe a little less safe.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    It would help if you told us what suburb you will be in. For the western suburbs, I would agree that Flight Club in Inkster would be a good choice. Upscale, clean, safe. The Landing Strip in Romulus, nearer the airport, is another possibility. For south of Detroit, you could try the Hustler Club in Lincoln Park. The northern suburbs don't have any good strip clubs.
  • Kimi
    11 years ago
    I'll be in Troy. So north. Have any of you been to Chicago area clubs? Are these comparable? Better? Worse? More/less expensive? I saw that the FC is 25 a dance which is in the middle for Chicago.
  • Doc_Holliday
    11 years ago
    I don't know how much disposable income you have, but I'd invest $1500 in a 10 year old American Sedan - $1000 on the car tags and title, make sure it runs and get maintenance records, then $500 to take it to a mechanic for an diagnostic inspection $70-$80, then $400 for whatever he suggests. This is what I do. Leave the nice car at home, use it for your nights out, take the old ugly car to work and in my case strip clubs.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    There is more action in the parking lots of Detroit clubs than anything going on in a Chicago club. Advice on clubs to visit is accurate. If you go to FC or any other Inkster club your car should be safe. I leave my Cadillac in their parking lots all the time with not interference.
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    flight club and penthouse are the best. in troy, you'll be closer to penthouse. 25 a dance, 200+ for a bj, 300+ for full service at penthouse, typically. with the auto show in town, club might be busier and prices might be higher.
  • Kimi
    11 years ago
    Is 8 mile road and area ok? I see penthouse is close to royal oaks which I keep hearing when speaking about good places to grab dinner. So is that one safe? My car is stick and fun to drive so I don't like giving it to th valet.
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    that area of 8 mile is pretty safe, but id still valet it. they are going to charge you for valet either way. also, penthouse is the premier club in Detroit (i.e. it's pricey). if your worried about a valet fucking with your car, know that these guys park benz's and Bentley's on a daily basis (and no, I am not exaggerating).
  • jack0505
    11 years ago
    Penthouse Club's location is fine at the club itself, just don't go for a walk down the street.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Man – what is this stuff I hear from time to time about “… bad area …”? If it is a good club, then it’s a good club and it means that probably hundreds if not thousands of customers visit each week. If the club in unsafe, probably not nearly as many people would go and the club would not be as popular or recommended? It is also in the club’s interest to make sure it is safe. Many clubs, especially the more upscale ones, will have security inside and outside the club. You probably have a greater chance of getting assaulted or your car stolen/broken-into at a mall IMO. You can also often self-park in the valet section IME as long as you still pay the valet/tip. BTW – I notice the OP's nickname is “kimi” – don’t know if the OP is a female in which case I can understand the apprehension w.r.t. safety. But if the OP is a dude – then get your balls out of your car’s glove compartment and into the club :)
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    papi, you have no idea how often I hear shit like the the op is saying. Detroit does have a reputation, however it's much safer than people think, as long as you don't run your mouth to the wrong folksand avoid dark alleys. he'll feel very safe in penthouse, but he's a fool if he doesn't valet.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    a lot of detroit clubs have valet parking so the valet is suppose to protect the lot. The valets at penthouse were cool but the landing strip were jerks
  • Doc_Holliday
    11 years ago
    "if your worried about a valet fucking with your car, know that these guys park benz's and Bentley's on a daily basis (and no, I am not exaggerating)." [view link]
  • Doc_Holliday
    11 years ago
    Just give him a finsky!
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    If you really don't want the valet driving your car, give him an extra tip and ask to park it yourself. I know people do this but I don't know what the appropriate tip would be. As for safety, the neighborhoods around the 8 Mile clubs are a bit dicey but you won't be walking around them anyway. It's perfectly safe to walk the 15 feet from the valet stand to the club door. I wouldn't try walking from one club to the next even if it's walking distance.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Penthouse is about the same price structure as Club 390 in Chicago only the girls are friendlier. You get more for you money. Clubs in Chicago are overpriced for what you get. Detroit Metro has a much larger variety of clubs from high end to HazMat suit low end. I too do not like to hand my keys over to a valet. If you do be sure to take everything out of your car or secure it in the trunk (many high end cars have a valet key that will not allow trunk access) at Flight and Hustler clubs for a tip the valet has ridden in my car while I park it and I go with him to get it. Penthouse will not allow this as their parking is tight. The Landing Strip is Close to airport has street parking on well lit streets in a decent town.
  • jprince11
    11 years ago
    Coliseum is my current fav over PH. Valet if you are in Detroit. I don't worry about the Valets & stealing, club mgrs would do more than just fire them. They have a reputation to maintain.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… if your worried about a valet fucking with your car, know that these guys park benz's and Bentley's on a daily basis …” They’ll fuck up Benzs and Bentleys just like they’ll fuck up any other car. A few years ago I was w/ my brother in South Beach and we were self-parking the car. We passed the valet area as we were walking towards the parking garage exit. We noticed this young punk valet duchebag get getting in a late model high end Benz (550 or 560 model?) that had been left by the owner and saw this young punk floor the Benz and pill out ALL THE WAY up the parking garage ramp. I remember my bro turning to me and saying “that is why I don’t valet”.
  • tttclub
    11 years ago
    I noticed you mentioned Penthouse is near Royal Oak. It is not. It is near Royal Oak Township. The difference in the two is like the difference between South Central LA and Beverly Hills. For dining options, Royal Oak has everything imaginable in a small downtown type setting. Royal Oak Township may have a McDonalds. All the other info is accurate. There is technically nothing North of 8 mile. Your best bet's from Troy are Coliseum on the eastern end of 8 mile, or Penthouse which is further west. As for the neighborhoods, it doesn't really matter unless you decide to take a 4 block walk from the club for exercise.
  • Kimi
    11 years ago
    What are the prices for dances? I drove around a bit yesterday down 8 mile. While I wouldn't job down the street, it seemed pretty safe. Also, so many of the clubs are rather big and in your face. Not like in Chicago.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion