tuscl

Problems with making an adult site pay walled

deogol
Michigan
(This is a reply to a poster who thinks the site should be pay walled without regard to the problems a pay site has. It could be useful to others who think up a site they might consider asking payment for - though this is oriented to problems with adult oriented sites.)

Alucard: "To renew an expiring membership perhaps. A reason why all memberships should be PAID. Another reason for Moderation."

This would introduce more problems.

- Credit card ripoffs. Already adult sites pay a larger fee to credit card processors because their customers are such a pain in the ass to deal with. Some card processors even refuse to work with adult sites.

- Add to that having to pay the money back with a $50 charge-back on people revoking the payment? Who do they believe? The customer good for future transactions or a filthy adult web site? Given the number of people who post on here, it's a good way to go broke. Add to that, it's a good way to get law enforcement's attention (http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/cred…)

- "I fucking paid! If I want to post annoying junk, spam, and be all-up-in-some's face - I can be!" Guarantee there is going to be a bigger problem than simply slapping someone down with a ban. After all, "I helped pay for this motherfucker!"

- "Oh, I fucking paid. Sounds like you want a law suit on your hands." Even if it is unwinnable, a judge is going through all the motions, all the expenses, all the lawyers, all the discovery (thereby allowing more ways to be a nuisance), and all the public exposure a case brings. In case you didn't recognize, some people have some major bucks on this site and if angered - yea even I would drop 2 grand on someone just for yucks and access to "who this asshole is."

- Oh joy - accounting. And filing with the IRS for an increased complexity of an accounting system. Maybe even requiring a CPA to figure out what is needed. Everybody hopes for that.

- Having to deal with financial security concerns. Credit card processors want your site and computing environment to meet certain standards and be audited. PIA standards to program. For what? Maybe 20 guys who are regular posters?

- And even then what happens when someone finds a way to slip in and grab people's credit card information anyhow? Oh joy to state laws forcing Founder to identify him/herself and say "Sorry man, through my incompetence I gave your credit card info to some Russian dude."

- Look at stripperweb - some dude basically paid for the site, got access to all kinds of info, raped some stripper and the site saw a fall off of girls who went else where - and that was one dude. Then experience people talking shit about you all over the place (http://www.investmentbanter.com/showthre…) (http://www.ripoffreport.com/stripper-web…)

You know Alucard, you are a fucking moron who doesn't think shit through. "Oh just throw up a paywall!" You know what, that doesn't stop shit, it causes more shit with someone the courts will see has more "rights" because they paying for something.

10 comments

• jester214
    12 years ago
    I agree about the fucking moron part, but I don't think your argument is all that sound either.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Have any of you people investigated how the present system of paying for membership is handled? It seems to work. I don't see any pinned messages from the Founder detailing PROBLEMS with the system. I don't see how expanding it to a requirement for all memberships would work any different.

Name calling and personal attacks just show how much a Moderator is needed to deal with the members who engage in the constant name calling and personal attacks, and getting rid of them.

NO matter how much you attack me, I'm NOT going away!!!
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    I don't Dracula thinks he thinks before he rants. He says to "respect privacy and peoples' family", then brags how he know dancers' real home addresses and full names on his profile. He says he is Saint Vitus, then says alot of hateful things about Christianity/religion. I think he is just a hypocrite and megalomaniac.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Can you point out any written word where I have revealed the name & address of the dancers who have given me this info? NO YOU CAN'T!

You are really reaching to attack me sinclair. Just keep on attacking and looking like fools.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    You go out of your way to insult and attack others. You are the fool.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    He sounds like Dugly, next he'll be offering "$500" if we show where he said that.
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    There's a reason there is an ignore button. Nuffield said.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    If this were a pay site, it likely wouldn't be as popular as it is. Yeah, there's a few trolls like Alucard on here, but the ignore button works really well for those.
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    LOL

Alucard, you've called me an "IT" a "DUMBBELL" a "DUMB" maybe even an "IDIOT"...and I'm pretty sure I could dig up some more insulting names you've thrown at me.

"Just keep on attacking and looking like fools."

This is your mission, Alucard: provoking people into "attacking" you then playing the victim. It's over, man. Everyone's seen it. Everyone knows how you work. Even the guys who just signed up over the last few months. Hang it up. Keep what little dignity you have left.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Alucard might be the most hated member on TUSCL right now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion