tuscl

Trouble in Canada?

Monday, March 13, 2006 4:56 PM
Rumor has it that there are new laws coming in Ontario that will basically make the clubs no contact. Anyone hear anything about this? This would hurt many clubs in the tourist areas of Canada like Niagara Falls.

5 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    I concur with Chasman's first point. I haven't heard anything, and new laws don't just materialize out of rumor (or rumour) without the press catching wind of them. The option of doing things like Utah, however, is hardly encouraging.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    If I recall, they did that to avoid the smoking legislation.
  • chasman
    18 years ago
    Haven't heard anything about this, and the newsmedia up here grab ahold of strip club stories like pitbulls on a toy poodle. However, given that the Supreme Court of Canada declared indecency laws against private swingers clubs unconstitutional last year there is a simple solution for Ontario strip clubs should such a thing come to pass. Do what bar owners in Utah do: declare themselves a private club, charge a cover, call it a membership fee and Bob's your uncle. Nothing to worry about.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    As I recall they've been through this a few times. Toronto was once on par with the Falls clubs, but local ordinances made things different for a while. It didn't seem to last. Also Canadian strip clubs are a big draw. I wouldn't be too concerned yet.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Just start a movement to break away from the rest of Canada and create your own laws. Of course if it's the locals trying to change the law, doesn't sound good.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion