tuscl

If she asks, do you have to tip in advance of a private dance?

trpterp
District of Columbia
Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:52 PM
I have recently had private dances in a couple of different clubs. Both times I was asked to tip in advance ($100 was the amount asked for on a 6 for $120 session). Should I ask if the tip is due in advance first before going to the private area. Is the tip amount something that is negotiable? I did get to do some licking but nothing more than that. I think in this club YMMV. The dances were great. But the tip amount seemed high to me. On a related note, after a private dance where I have already tipped the dancer, is it OK to say no if they ask for some more money for a pack of cigs or food? Or does that present you as a cheapskate.

22 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Tipping should be reserved for special services and should never be asked for as part of a prepay dance. Hell 95% of the time I turn down dances that require prepayment. Always be leary of any service that requires prepayment.
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    The TIP? Sounds like you were getting robbed by "Rip Off Bitches" or R.O.B.'s. Never give a tip up front, they're ACTUALLY customary. Pay the Entry fee, and for the dances. If you're satisfied then you tip. And don't give them money for food or cigs or rent or daycare or anything. Chances are you wont get the money back, and they probably wont be very grateful of a donation. This is a business. You're money to them. There are some girls who'll be attracted to you for real, and date you for real. But don't go into the strip club thinking every girl is a potential relationship. In other words: who cares if they think your a cheapskate for not buying their cigs, and food? @Shadow, what about prepayment for ITC, do you pay that up front?
  • jabthehut
    12 years ago
    I'm with you cat. Some dancers seem to lose count of dances when you prepay.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I've never prepaid for anything ITC or OTC, and I never will. You are paying for a service, and a tip is given if that service was good. Would you pre-tip a waitress at a restaurant? Of course not. If a stripper ever tried to get a tip out of me up front, I'd walk right then & there. Talk about a pre-dance buzzkill.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    staxwell only once about 2 years did a dancer ask for prepayment in VIP. I paid and was not disappointed. On susequent visits she did not ask for prepayment. But I haven't seen her in quite awhile.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    Prepayment for dances in advance is a rule in some clubs. In general, those clubs suck. Prepayment for dances in a club that does not require it should only be made if you don't care about the outcome and would consider air dances a sufficient thrill. Prepayment of a tip is a sure sign of wishful thinking, and an indication you have smaller balls than lopaw.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    Never happened to me. Sounds like a clip joint, or a stripper who never gets repeat customers, just rips off one guy and moves on to the next. An average guy would buy a stripper he just met a $5-10 drink. If you're rich enough so that $100 is what $10 would be to an average person, go for it. But be patient, with that kind of money, it's just a matter of time before you can find a woman with the bod of your dreams for great OTC.
  • sexualchoc
    12 years ago
    Never, ever prepay for dances or tips!! That's a warning sign that she could care less if you're enjoying the dance or getting off in your sweat shorts! She's all about the business and then she is OUT! Plus if you prepay, you're pretty much admitting that you're a "rookie" to the game! Then she knows that she's got you...
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Nothing like a 83% prepaid "tip". This would probably bring about a lecture on what a tip is.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    Prepaying for a dance is one thing, but giving the tip before hand is just insane. How can you reliably evaluate the quality of a service before it is even delivered?
  • Experimental
    12 years ago
    prepaying a tip for dances is foolish. it is you announcing to the stripper that you are easily rolled and she should soak you for as much as she possibly can. Unless it is club policy I won't prepay for dances. If it is club policy I get one dance and if it isn't good, done. If it is good, continue. I would never prepay a tip, that is my choice to give and if she asks for a tip unless she blew my mind I'll say "nah". If they don't ask for a tip and the dances were good I'll throw in an extra 20-30%.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Anyone that asks me gets turned down. It's a clear warning of a ROB. I don't tolerate ROB's.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    At any point that happens, you bail. If it is at the table, on the walk back to the VIP, as you are sitting down into the comfy VIP couch, as she is getting her clothes off, as she is crawling into your lap, before the first song starts. . .bail immediately and walk away. She will probably change her tune quickly. If you have already paid your entry-to-VIP fee and pre-paid the dances with the mama-san, then hold your ground and politely remind the dancer that you will pay the tip, if any, after the completion of the dances and the tip will be commensurate with the quality of the dance(s).
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    LL, You make a good point. I have been ROBed pretty bad before. What do you do when they got you in the room that you have already paid $100 for? And star asking for prepay and for tips. Ifyou walk you are out your $100. Do you try to find another girl? And use the room you paid for? I tell you. Getting hustled sure ruins the mood.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    Revo, good point. If you have already paid $100 for the room and the dancer pulls that crap, I still say you shut it down right away, then walk right over and ask for the $100 back from the manager. If they want to know why, tell them. My guess is that they will give it back to you and they will admonish the dancer. You can then recycle the money for a VIP trip with another dancer. If they don't give it back, you walk out and you forget that club forever.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    That wasn't a tip. A tip is an extra amount you add at the end because you got good service. What you paid might be called a surcharge.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “… $100 was the amount asked for on a 6 for $120 session) …” First off – I hope it was *your* idea for the 6 dances and not the dancer’s idea. You should never agree to that many dances unless it is absolutely what you want. You agree to one dance at most and you tell her if you like the way she dances, you may get more. If you agree to 6 off the bat, and the dances suck, you’re up the river. As others have said – you NEVER prepay for ANYTHING – unless it is a club rule - and if the dancer tells you it is a club rule – verify that it is – and if she tells you it is “her rule” – tell her to fuck off. I will “sometimes” prepay for just 1 dance b/c I understand that girls sometimes get ripped off by customers whom will get a whole bunch of dances in a row and then not pay the dancer . So I “sometimes” will prepay a dancer before each *individual* dance (just one a time) if I feel she is genuinely nervous about getting ripped. Most of the time when I prepay for the 1st dance and then get more dances from the dancer, the dancer will say to just pay her when we are done since they get the sense I am not trying to rip them. With respect to tips – in some clubs most dancers will ask for a tip – it is their job to get as much money out of you as humanly possible – they will empty your bank account if they could. Dances in clubs are expensive enough w/o adding “tips”. I never tip and it never affects my ability to get dances from dancers since they know I spend $$$ (just not on tips). With respect to food and cigs – that is just her wanting to spend your $$$ instead of spending hers. She made $120 from you in ~20 minutes – she has enough money to buy her own food and cigs. Your obligation as a good customer is just to pay for the services rendered – not to “make her happy” by buying her all she wants. If it was up to her, you’d end up paying her rent and electric bill while she goes home to bang her boyfriend. It “appears” to me you may be a bit inexperienced in the SC game – if this is the case – I would highly encourage you to read this discussion board often and ask questions so you will not get taken advantage off (which easily and often happens in SCs). These girls (dancers) play this game 365 days a year and they know what they are doing – you should also if you plan to spend any time in SCs.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Prepay is for people with bad credits lol
  • canny
    12 years ago
    I will show that I have enough money in my wallet to pay for the dances. Some customers get dances without having the money to pay for them too. One club where I'm a regular I do "tip" in advance, but the dancers all know that I'll be back next week and the tip is really paying for extras.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    prepaid cell phones aren't necessarily for people with bad credit. I don't have any credit (and plan to keep it that way). Prepaid dances are for suckers
  • trpterp
    12 years ago
    Thanks to all the commenters and esp. Papi_Chulo for your comments. They are appreciated. The club in question requires pre-payment on the dances at the first floor bar before going to the second floor where the private areas are located. It was at the private area that she hit me up for the $100 tip. It was my choice to pick 6 songs. Lesson learned on that. As a follow-up question, if you only commit to one song at first do you lose the opportunity for the "volume discount" i.e. the first song might be $30, but two songs might be $50 and 3 might be $60 etc since you have to pre-pay?
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Ouch. That is a bit steep; i.e. $30 for first dance. The avg. for LDs in most SCs is $20 (usually topless and often two-way contact). Some clubs are $25 since the house gets $5 out of every LD (you pay the dancer $25 and she pays the house $5 out of those $25). There are some clubs in some areas where the dances are higher than $20 or $25 but they are more of the exception than the norm IMO. I would first make sure that first dances *are* $30 and not b/c some dancer told you it is (since you said 1st dance “might” be $30). I would ask other dancers before committing just to make sure; you may even discretely ask another customer in the SC. You can also research other SCs in the area if you have not done so to verify if high LD prices are particular to a club or a dancer within a club, or if it’s a local thing – maybe there are few SCs in your area and thus the law of supply and demand may be working against you. You can “research” other SCs by visiting them or by reading the club reviews here on TUSCL - or you can create a new thread asking other TUSCLers familiar w/ your area for their opinion/recommendations. Clubs where one has to prepay are more of the exception than the norm and I don’t visit any clubs like that (I don’t think there are any in my area) – so I am not familiar enough to say how to best proceed in these types of clubs. You may be SOL w.r.t. the clubs in your area. I quickly read thru some reviews of the club you have reviewed (if this was the club in question w.r.t. your OP) and it seems you got the standard treatment at this particular SC – you may not have gotten ripped – you just ended up in a sucky SC IMO. It seems you are within driving distance of Baltimore and other SCs (i.e. you are not in the boon docks?). I am not familiar w/ your area but I would think there are some TUSCLers that may be able to advice on better clubs where you don’t have to pay an arm and a leg to get a descent LD. You can also read reviews for other SCs within driving distance b/c the club you went to is not the norm and is not a place to go and get your money’s worth.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion