tuscl

Which Clubs have the Most Fake Reviews?

Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:35 PM
Looking at the Top 10 on this site, it becomes pretty clear which clubs have professionals posting. The fake reviews definitely diminish the credibility of these reviews unless you are an amateur. Which clubs do you think have fake reviews on TUSCL?

12 comments

• harrydave
    12 years ago
    I don't think any of the top 10 right now are there because of fake reviews. I would guess there is a fake review posted every day, but it's not a huge problem, and most of them are easy to spot. Something like, BillShill - Joined Yesterday, 1 Review, 1 Club "You guys should really check out Blueballs Cabaret. I was there last Saturday night with some of my buddies, and we had the best time ever. The cover was only $12, and the staff treated us real well. ...blah ...blah ...blah .... great food ... blah... blah ... remember to tip the girls ... blah ... drink specials all night long ...."
  • Joe from NJ
    12 years ago
    Usually when a person just joins, and has only 1 review and that's for this club. And that review is just wonderful, with a 4.5+ rating, etc. That's a shill review. I just flagged one this evening for Hush in Tampa. It has a 39% lousy rating except this one for all 5s. The only time that I believe any rating over 4.5 is when the poster has many clubs rated and a member of TUSCL for a while.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    Yeah, I thought that review was off, too. The last section is hilarious. "I did get a 30 min room with Jordan in the back, and she is one of the smartest entertainers I have ever talked to. I always get a room for company and she was so nice I will make Hush my new favorite club." This must be one of the bouncers. He wants to ball "Jordan".
  • canny
    12 years ago
    I don't think I've every given a club 5 stars. No club is that perfect unless the prettiest strippers are coming home with me!
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    What canny said. For example, clubs which I rate highly for dancers and atmosphere (though almost never a 5) very often receive a lower rating on the value front. I guess I don't worry as much about shill reviews as I tend to skip 1 and 1 poster reviews anyway and, with the ratings weighting system Founder implemented a couple of years ago, they do not heavily impact the overall club ratings vs. more seasoned reviewers.
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    Cheetahs in PHX seems to get a lot of shill reviews.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    Cheetahs has an unfortunate location, halfway between Hiliter and Bandaids. If you're in the neighborhood, you will go to one or the other, and Cheetahs is the "also ran". The club has struggled and gone through several management and name changes. I always look for shill reviews in that situation. Usually the new management is enjoying a brief rush of marketing fever.
  • PussyLick
    12 years ago
    Hollywood in East Saint Louis. at least 85% are fake reviews. i think it's likely managment or workers hyping up the place. I've been a few times and it is never as good as the reviews would indicate.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    85% fake reviews? that's a huge amount. have you been flagging these?
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    I don't know if the reviews are fake but brad's brass flamingo here in Indy is in the top 10,and in my opinion is very overrated. It has never been close to my favorite club here in town. I've just never been that impressed. it's gotta be the location or something that makes it popular.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    a Fake Club would have the most fake reviews
  • ArtCollege
    12 years ago
    what's amazing is how little effort managers seem to make. Like, they could remind you to write a review; plenty of restaurants want you to go to Yelp, but I've never seen a sign or had a waitress ask me to write a review on TUSCL. Or managers could send a private message to those who write positive review offering a free pass for next visit. If you liked it once, you'll probably like it a second time. Or post a note offering free passes to TUSCL members. Every club should do that!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion