tuscl

Hotels and OTC

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:00 AM
What do you guys do for hotels when setting up OTC? Many times I am traveling and hotels do not normally allow checkin before 3pm. Has anyone ever used [view link], where they give you heavily discounted hotels but you have to book before you get the name of the hotels. I regularly see 3 star hotels on there for $50 to $60 range. And I have never been disappointed. What do you guys do for rooms? Is there a good review or rating service out there?

17 comments

• txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    Do it at Drury Inns. According to thdeir motto "the extras are not extra".
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    Hah!
  • Jackmd
    12 years ago
    I just bend them over the tailgate of the pickup truck.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I knock on every hotel door there is always someone willing to let me use their room for 30 mins
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Expedia.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    Usually you can check in an hour or two early at most chains if they have some rooms already cleaned. Some mom 'n' pop independant motels will let you get a room and pay by the hour.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    There's a local no-tel that has a three hour rental. There's another across the river that charges by the hour.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Priceline. The only problem is your need for an early check-in, which may require you to target specific hotels.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Thankfully there are plenty of questionably run motels near my place of employment for those types of services.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Motor inn, the best by the hour motel service ever. Why? Because its the only motel that is an actual chain lol
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    My OTC's have always been at night. I either pre book the room or just walk up and get one.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    I start my hotel search with Kayak. They plug in to the other big services, so you get to see all the options in one place. The web site is pretty fast and easy to use. Over the years I have stayed most consistently at Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn, because they fit my budget and they have consistent amenities. Also, it's nice to accumulate frequent traveler points. I have never had an issue at any hotel with bringing in a female guest. That stroll through the lobby is known as "the walk of shame". You get used to it.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    @Revo I have used the the mystery 3/4 star booking several times and have want away from a prepaid room and had force a refund for miss representation. On hotel was supposedly a 4star hotel but looked like a 1 when I arrived and wanted a driver's license photo copy and a blank signed credit card receipt to check in on a prepaid room. I would give neither and left. Beware
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    Traveler, Thanks for the feedback. Were you using hotwire?
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Expedia. If you use the "deals" be sure you look at all the hotel in the designated area before you book because you are likely to get teh one that has the minimun requirements. I also call Expedia and bitched them out and the gave me a refund and removed the hotel from their list.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    I would never prepay for a room with a new OTC. I
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    You can probably search for “hourly motels” in the Yellow Pages or online or maybe [view link] You can check into these at any time and rent them by the hour (both the room and the dancer :)). They usually do not require a credit card but will ask for your driver’s license/ID. Needless to say a lot of these places can be serious dumps – so you can always check for reviews of some online and hopefully get something descent that will meet your needs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion