tuscl

DreamGirls dancers broke rules," incognito "Pierce deputies report.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, November 2, 2012 9:19 PM

12 comments

• joey2002
    12 years ago
    Thais bad. The manager would be liable for what a dancer do. That is not right.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Why is it not right? In any other business, supervisors would be held responsible.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "One deputy described how a dancer named Charity “climbed on top of me, straddling me, gyrating and rubbing her buttocks on my lap and groin,” the report said." meanwhile,,,in other Bellinham news, there was a homeless man murdered, $19,000 of high end bicycles were stolen, and a woman ripped out her boyfriend's tracheal tube. Glad to see the police have their priorities straight
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    Well, Motorhead, can't you see the danger in allowing stradling and gyrating? The heads of customers might just burst!! Unfortunately, the report does not state whether the deputies preferred dances from Candy or Desire. (I'm betting on Desire)
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I love these stories about cops going undercover to bust strip clubs. I would love to see the roll call/briefing meeting (think Sgt. Esterhaus - Hill Street Blues). Think it's much trouble to get "volunteers" for the mission? Hey, let's be careful out there.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I've only lived in Washington state for six years now, and I'm amazed at how much priority enforcing strip club laws seems to get here. I thought that once the "Big Raid" of 2008 was over, and the key individuals were "brought to justice," the enforcment would back off. Maybe it's not as constant anymore. The area where Dreamgirls at Fox's is could use so much more police resources devoted to serious crime. Murders and gang violence are common subjects on local TV news in that part of the region; while that's all going on, I find it truly amazing cops are scrutinizing lap dances.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Sounds like election year stuff or religious pressure to me. Take care of violent crime.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    The only crime I see as reported in the article is charging up to $60 for a dance. “County leaders have been considering new strip club rules that Auditor Julie Anderson calls the strictest in the state.” That seems to be saying a lot for WA state – from what I’ve heard.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    @Club_Goer: "I've only lived in Washington state for six years now, and I'm amazed at how much priority enforcing strip club laws seems to get here." Did you ever here Rob McKeena's interview on NPR about the local pay-for-sex scene? The guy is way out there. (He claims) He beleives the "statistics" about 300,000 human trafficking victims in the US, and is also on the Rick as saying all paid for sex is rape. You think things are bad now? He's only 50 now and looking to move onto govenorship. He also knows how to play it "blue" enough to make it in Washington too. Things gonna get much worse.
  • JohnBuford
    12 years ago
    When will we all learn that you cannot legislate morality ? What people choose to do with their body/money/time is their business and no one else's.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @JohnBuford: "When will we all learn that you cannot legislate morality ?" Perhaps when it actually becomes true that you cannot legislate morality. Because you *can* legislate morality, and that's not likely to change any time soon. Unless you perhaps think that laws such as those against killing, theft and rape aren't legislating "morality"?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Anarchy is the only way to go!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion