tuscl

What happened to the 1.00 dance?

mrrock
Arizona
I remember back when I first started going to SC's one club would have like a 10-15 minute party time where there would be nobody on stage but the dancers would come around and do a LD for about a minute at a time for 1.00. It was cool cause it made it a more party like atmosphere and jump started more full blown VIP's cause you could get a sample of each girls dance for only a buck. Haven't seen this kinda thing in a while though, literally years.

26 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Inflation. Last month when I was in the Columbia Platinum Plus, they were doing it but the price is now $2.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    When I lived in Dallas, there was a club that did this primarily on the weekends in order to “encourage” the clientele to buy a VIP wrist band and/or buy LDs.

The girls would come around and one had the option to sample or not – if the girl started “sampling” on you, she would stay as long as one was tipping her $1s (similar to stay tipping but you are getting grinded on). I used to like it a lot. I moved away from Dallas 2 years ago so I don’t know if that club still does it – but I would imagine they still do since it was kind of a dive (although I liked it) and a lot of the customers would normally not buy dances nor VIP.
  • magicrat
    12 years ago
    Shadowcat...it has to be $2 in Platinum Plus...there are no 1$ bills allowed in the club
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    ^^ “ … similar to stay tipping but you are getting grinded on … ”

Meant to say similar to “stage” tipping …
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    magicrat - I know. In fact before they start the $2 dances, two of the bouncers make the rounds exchanging cash for $2 bills. LOL.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    BTW – the Dallas club I was referring to in my previous post was Pandora’s on infamous Harry Hines blvd.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    They do the $1 mini table dances at mars men's club on the weekend nights. Bouncers go around offering change for larger bills. Table dances for full song there only cost $5 so these $1 dances for partial song aren't such a great deal.

Also the $1 stage tipping can get pretty good at some clubs on the weekends.
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    Yeah Alaskan Bush Co. here in Phx has pretty good stage for tipping too.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    mrrock - I remember when they used to do that at Bandaid's in Phoenix. Not anymore. They were doing it at Gloria's Cantina Lounge just outside of Pittsburgh last year, but I've been told they have been discontinued. I think its a good way to see if you like what you see before you get a longer dance or go to VIP. It was very helpful in my decision making.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I still see it sometimes
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    $2 at PT's all nude (aka Centerfolds) in Denver area gets you a good mini lap stage side
  • igloo9999
    12 years ago
    still have them at Diamond Lodge (Rootstown) and I believe also at Diamond Royale in Canton. bounces will start exchanging out large bills about 15 mins ahead of time to give you notice & it's still $1 for a sample.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Hickory north Carolina bro
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    Still have "dollar dances" at Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indy. Also, some dancers at GoGo Rama in Laurence Harbor NJ will make the rounds doing brief stool-side dances for whatever you want to give'm. It can be a buck, but I usually give a few bucks because the dances are good.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Crunch the numbers and it has to be a loser. I bet they gave it up when there were a bunch of cheapskates who came to the club, did a batch of dollar dances, and then left.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Club x in Columbus used to run the $2 dance promotion and then afterwards they would run a 2 for 1 special on their overpriced $35 dances. Sometimes girls would just stay with the same guy during the $2 dances so they would stack up and end up making $20 off the same guy.

My old ATF got sent home one night because she didn't feel like doing the $2 dances and would rather stay out on the patio smoking. Caused an argument with management which resulted in her being sent home.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    One of the clubs I used to go to before it closed used to have dancers walk around and sell dollar dances all the time, but over time, less and less dancers would try selling them, probably in inverse relation to the number of drugged up dancers they came to have. I always went for it, because it was a nice way to sample the dancers, but over time, more dancers would just straight up ask if you wanted a dance. I just thought it was a poor way to manage a club, but then again, the owner was the town drug dealer, so he probably had more on his mind than running his strip club in a way that customers liked.

I don't know too many clubs that do this unless its a dive bar or they have a special set time where no one is dancing on stage and they all walk around trying to sell dollar dances.
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    Parkway Tropics in Grand Rapids still does the $1 table dances but that is really all they are good for. (Bikini Club)
  • canny
    12 years ago
    Gloria's loosened back up. They're back to $1 dances on the floor!
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    Good to see they are still running them in some places!
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    I'm old enought to remember 3 cents postage, 10 or 25 cents for a newspaper and pay telephones. UGH!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Pandora’s in Dallas used to run the $1 dances maybe twice a night (weekend nights) and all the dancers were obligated to participate to the best of my knowledge – the $1 dance time frame would not be too long; maybe a long song or two if I recall.

I recall all the dancers would be called to the back (DR) prior to the $1 song set(s) and then they would all come out at once from the DR like a herd and approach the customers.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Those strippers all died of old age
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    sounds primo. I would travel just to even see $2.00 lds on me. But no ones allowed. How do they even get two dollar bills in such large quantity. They don't even print those anymore.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Estafador - You are so wrong.

The United States two-dollar bill ($2) is a current denomination of U.S. currency. President Thomas Jefferson is featured on the obverse of the note. The reverse features an engraved modified reproduction of the painting The Declaration of Independence by John Trumbull.

The bill was discontinued in 1966 but was reintroduced 10 years later as a potential cost-saving measure. Today, it is seldom seen in circulation, and as a result, the production of the note is the lowest of U.S. banknotes: under 1% of all notes currently produced are $2 bills. This comparative scarcity in circulation, coupled with a lack of public awareness that the bill is still in circulation, has also inspired urban legends and occasionally has created problems for people trying to use the bill to make purchases.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I've only seen this once. it was in Austin, TX at the XTC club. I liked the idea and wish it were more common. I don't think it would work well in a club where there may be less than 10 or so dancers available. I enjoy the afternoons and often there are about 10 customers and maybe that number or fewer dancers. Wouldn't work.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion