tuscl

Ouch!

I've always wondered whether guys get hurt during these "bachelor dances" as they are pretty brutal. I guess guys can get hurt pretty bad.

Suit: Penthouse Club stripper ruptured man's bladder at bachelor party

Posted: Thu, Oct. 4, 2012, 12:50 PM BY DANA DiFILIPPO
Philadelphia Daily News

The "bachelor's package" at the Penthouse Club in Port Richmond includes an invitation onstage and doting attention from the dancers.

But for one Montgomery County man, it also came with internal bleeding, according to a lawsuit filed in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court last week.

Patrick Gallagher of Lansdale claims a dancer slid down a stripper pole and landed on him with such force that his bladder ruptured.

The incident occurred in late November 2010, when Gallagher visited the club on Castor Avenue near Balfour Street with friends to celebrate his impending marriage, said his attorney, Neil T. Murray.

His friends bought him the bachelor's package, and the dancers brought him onstage, directing him to lie prone on his back beneath the pole, Murray said.

One dancer shimmied up the pole, and "from a great height, she launched herself down onto his abdomen," Murray said.

The boom left the groom in such severe pain that he and his friends left. By the next morning, Gallagher was suffering so much he went to the hospital, where doctors diagnosed a ruptured bladder that required surgery to repair, Murray said. Murray said Gallagher also suffered nerve damage in his back and hip.

The lawsuit accuses the club of negligence and seeks at least $50,000 for medical costs, pain, humiliation and mental anguish.

A club manager referred comment to the owner, who couldn't be reached.

Court records show Gallagher's lawsuit is one of several filed in recent years against the club. The other lawsuits allege a beating by bouncers, a slip-and-fall injury, overserving of alcohol and the unauthorized use of a woman's photographs in club advertisements.

The club also caught headlines last November, when police arrested seven dancers and a manager on prostitution charges.

5 comments

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Dang, that makes me even gladder I never got married. My sympathy to the injured party, I hope he wins the lawsuit.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I don't know what it is (other than customer hate), but I had to stop a lap dance (some years ago) because she was jumping so much it actually hurt. Had to tell her to slow down, mellow out...
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    He popped but not the right way
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    "directing him to lie prone on his back"

This must have been a real trick, because "prone" means to lie face down.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    If I were to ever get married, doing the bachelor thing in a strip club would be something I would not be interested in. I do not know why they even do it. I suppose some of the friends must get some entertainment value out of it. I believe it's a waste of money. I have no idea how much they charge for it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion