tuscl

Are strip club billboards banned in your area?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:40 PM

18 comments

• GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Nah, they aren't banned, but I also don't see many in Richmond. The only club around here that I've seen a billboard for is Pure Pleasure. I tend to see more strip club billboards out on the highway, you know, like when you're taking a road trip.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    "Ursula Pyland of West Hills says they prompt questions and even tears from her 11-year-old son. "He started crying one night," Pyland told the Daily News. "He thought the woman on the billboards was going to be hurt by men." What were they doing letting an 11 yr old in VIP?
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Not that I know of, but I haven't seen any, so maybe they are. I've seen some on the interstate for adult bookstores in the area. Of course, it might also be that the clubs don't want the attention.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Nope, drive around the Detroit area and you'll see many strip clubs advertising on the billboards.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    No
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    No, I see them in Toledo.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Hell they ban shopping bags and are doing everything they can to make their city a third world full of illegals behind an iron curtain, why not? When their 100's of millions of debt starts to effect public services, I can guarantee a new set of pole taxes going up and then anything to ban these places will be shot down by the local government profiting off it.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I see them driving down I-40 sometimes, but I think that's just about the only place.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I'm in the SFValley alot & I see those Xposed billboards everywhere. They are over doing it with the sheer quantity, but jeez....it's not like there is any nudity on them or anything.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I'm originally from the San Fernando Valley, where Xposed is located. Knowing the L.A. geography, it seems to me that Xposed is creating more of a problem for itself, than it is solving. The article mentions other locations in L.A. such as West L.A. and Venice where the billboards are located. These areas have to be well outside of the market area for the club. The L.A. metropolitan area has over 100 strip clubs. I'd more tend to think that someone seeing a billboard on the west side for Xposed, would more likely go to a more convenient club. There's horrendous traffic between the west side of L.A. and the west San Fernando Valley where Xposed is located. I can't imagine that the owner of Xposed thinks he/she can create a regional attraction. If anyone was going to drive a distance in L.A. to go to a club, they'd likely choose one of the six Spearmint Rhino clubs in the region. Those more knowledgable about strip clubs would go to the city of Industry, or areas where there are clubs with more ethnic emphasis.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    One thing I noticed about the Xposed ads in other areas of the city is that they are located in areas not far from other strip clubs.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    "But Ursula Pyland of West Hills says they prompt questions and even tears from her 11-year-old son. "He started crying one night," Pyland told the Daily News. "He thought the woman on the billboards was going to be hurt by men. " No way is an 11 year old going to get that idea unless the mother is feeding him a bunch of bogus scare stories about what goes on in clubs.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    inno123 - My thoughts exactly.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Well, we don't wanna have little 11-year Johnny cry and have nightmares, do we? So I support the ban. Though my only concern would be the precedent it would set. We start banning SC billboards, what's next? Smoking public? Super size drinks at McDonalds? Hydrogenated oils? French Fries in school cafeterias? Soft drinks in New York? Happy Meals in San Francisco? Lawn darts Ladders Baggy pants
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Oddly enough, no. But I only know of one and its not especially close to where the club is.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Her using her son as bait pisses me off. I really hope this bitch gets chlamydia from her husband's ATF.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    wait... the owner looks like this?? [view link]
  • LoneLurker
    12 years ago
    No. We have them in NC.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion