tuscl

Sr. Louis--Nashville--Chattanooga--Atlanta--the World

Thursday, May 4, 2006 8:45 AM
It looks as though next week I'm going to be driving the above route, a trip of about eight hours. I looked at the Google map to see what towns were on the route. 85% of the route goes through I-24 and I-75, and through the above towns. Alas, they look dead from the point of view of SC's. At least you aren't mislead about what is coming up ahead in Atlanta. Does anyone know of any worthwhile clubs on this route" Otherwise, iti is Doris Kearns Goodwin's "Team of Rivals" on tape for me.

12 comments

• minnow
    18 years ago
    CTL; Excellent write-up, although a detour into Nashville, Memphis, etc, would have been more interesting. So would a "Tusclbus" interstate tour, stopping at good places quickly off interstates, and major metro beltways. I may start a poll/thread on the best interstate tour routes. We don't need no stinkin' Madden Bus when we have a Tusclbus!
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    Shadow: My comments weren't clear. I had a great time at Oasis, and stayed longer than I should have. Since Wednesday night, I have thought back frequently of my brunettes, esp. the young Persian girl. I did spend a lot of money, but it's like the old saying, "There's money you spend while travelling, and money you spend at home...and the traveling money is always more."
  • T-Bone
    18 years ago
    CTL - Glad u had fun at Oasis. It's a good club, and nationwide it holds up pretty well. And it's not that far from downtown...maybe 20 minutes. Atlanta gets a bad rap on this board & I just don't get it. IMO, it's harsh to criticize so much when u have a decent club like Oasis and beautiful strippers all over the city for ITC & OTC fun...
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    I found a measure of victory in Atlanta, although I paid dearly for it...see today's review of Oasis Goodtime Emporium. My preference has always been for women whose ethnic origins are rooted in the corridor from the Mediterranean region (both the European and African coasts) though Palestine/Israel and the Arab World, winding up in Iran, Iraq and India, and I was well pleased by the selection at Oasis. The selection of classical all-American blonde bonbshell types was not as good, although that isn't my type, so I may not be the best judge.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Thanks for the news, Shadowcat. All I know is Alicia was hot enough for me.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    Actually, I'm thinking about splitting the trip back, and spening Wednesday night in Memphis. There is a bistro there called Platinum Plus that I believe some of the denizens of this board have frequented, though I've not yet had the pleasure. I'll get out of ATL about 5:00 p.m., and it looks at though five hours of drive time will get me to Memphis. Then I will have about 3 1/2 hours of driving the next morning to get back to STL. And with the crappy air connections since American pulled out of STL, I'll still get home about five hours earlier than if I had flown.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    If you're on the stretch of I-85 through Greenville, SC, on your way out of Atlanta, I recommend Nepal's. It's not supposed to be high mileage but I've had some nice times there. It's a private club but a local hotel room key gets you in. But you're probably not going that way unless you plan to head for Richmond and DC after Atlanta on your world tour.
  • jimmyblong
    18 years ago
    For high mileage try the hollywood club or miss kittys in washington park...scary neighborhood but safe bars. For high class looking women try PT's in Suaget. Hollywood is my current fave when in the St. Louis area.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Chitown knows about the East St. Louis clubs, he's just too polite to tell you guys. He's from the area, so think of the St. Louis in the topic as just the starting point. Sort of like Lewis and Clark, but in a different direcgtion and with a different mission.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Shadowcat, you wouldn't have liked Cowboys. One way touching only. Personally, if a pretty girl wants to rub her luscious young body all over mine for $5 a song, I see that as a good thing, but I realize not everybody agrees.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    "St. Louis, east of the river, has very high-mileage clubs." That's what I hear from the older boys.....
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Doesn't look very promising, Chitown. That is a good book to listen to. Also nice and long to go with your drive. I still haven't heard the last half of it. Next road trip...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion