tuscl

Seattle area strip clubs

Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:41 PM
I've seen many guys, who were not from the Seattle area, post bad reviews about clubs here. They seem to complain about four things... 1. The "NO ALCOHAL" law. 2. Not being able to tip dancers who are on stage. 3. Dancers NOT getting nude during a lap dance. 4. No private rooms. I have found forty dollar dances at Rick's to be very high mileage. Granted, there's only soda or coffee and the VIP booths are only semi-private. And even though they don't get nude, there still is a lot of two-way contact inside both parties' clothing. Also, I really don't care about the no tipping the strippers who are on stage. Having never been to any clubs outside the state, am I paying too much in comparison to clubbs in other parts of the country??

19 comments

• davids
    18 years ago
    $30 is the standard at Rick's. Not $40.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I've never been to any clubs in the Northwest. But $40 seems way out of line unless it's either a really long dance or it includes nudity, total privacy and very high contact. I've only ever paid that much at one club (The Pleasure Dome in White Haven, PA) where they get $20 for the private room plus an equal tip for the girl, and they are very high 2-way contact in a very private room with really gorgeous girls wearing almost nothing, and I still don't go there because of the cost. There are too many places around where you can get the same thing for $20. BTW, Pleasure Dome would be one of my favorite clubs anywhere if they lowered their prices. Anyone else been there? It's hard as hell to find.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    What can I say, I guess us "geeks" are smart enough to figure out that paying for pussy is not the way to go.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    Portland is only less than 3 hrs away! Seattle and Portland - What a contrast!! Seattle - lowest per capitia strip clubs in the country! Whareas, Portland - Highest per capita strip clubs in the country!!
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    No strip club start up law in Seattle wow. Seattle is such a strange town, the fishermen, the geeks, large oriental population, hard to believe the laws are so tight. Now if they pass a law that they can't open a new Starbucks in Seattle I'd move there. lol
  • giveitayank
    18 years ago
    Golfer...They have a law in Seattle where no new strip clubs can start up here. That's why there is only seven and they haven't increased along with the population. And yes, I would agree that the per capita rate of strip clubs to population is terrible here.
  • giveitayank
    18 years ago
    Chasman...I've thought about Vancouver. I've read reviews on the clubs in Oregon and it sounds like a lot of air dances go on there, with little or no contact.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Btw, $40 are for complete suckers. A number of dancers have told me that the amount they charge is how much they think they can get away with and has little to deal with the quality of the dances they give (which they guaged on what the customer wants/expects). $30 is standard even for naughty dances, though you should have little trouble negotiating $20-25, or even lower if you are a regular. I don't think you are going to get as low as $10, although one stripper did offer me $10/dance: Providing I bought 100 dances from her. :-)
  • davids
    18 years ago
    There are ways to work around the no staging tipping: have a waitress or another stripper hand it off, throw the money on stage (granted this doesn't look cool, but do the other ways customers would try?) or just casually walk up and drop the money on stage. (This may get you a warning or "reminder" (if you have done it before) if the management is alert, so best to save it for "special" girls so you don't get too many warnings in one night. Another strategy is to ask a waitress to give the money to the stripper "b/c you enjoyed her stage show". This is almost guarenteed to get you a visit from her (if you can't figure out how other and are too shy to approach).
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I wouldn't be bothered by the lack of alcohol, nude laps or private booths, but stage tipping is a big attraction for me. What's the deal with that, a city ordinance, or what? And since I don't do $40 dances, I'd be left with little to do but sit and bug the dancers, so I'd wish there was alcohol to help pass the time.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    In my above posting I should say it as - Seattle area clubs. i.e., in the Metro arae. There are about 7 clubs in the city limits, and another, may be, 8 in outside the city limits in the metro area.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    7 Clubs in Seattle?? Checked out directory, saw 2 Deja Vu clubs outside city, but Seatac(Tukwilla) Deja Vu no longer listed. Did club close for remodeling, close for good, or just a "tusclburp"??
  • chasman
    18 years ago
    Giveitayank, I've only been to Rick's once, I was very impressed and I'm a tourist. I was prepared for the no alcohol rule, the absence of stage tipping was unexpected & I almost never go into VIP rooms. Dancers keeping their kit on during a lap dance was, I thought, kind of odd but I saw and felt plenty so WTF. But if you think the "tourist factor" is a big deal in Sea/Tac, take a look at some of the ratings & reviews of Vancouver BC clubs from out-of-towners. You'd think a couple of songs between sets was the end of the world!!
  • giveitayank
    18 years ago
    Minnow...I have thought of going to the Mitchell Bros. O'ferrall theatre.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Go to Honey's if you want high mileage for lower prices: Note that the quality of the girls is going to decline compared to Rick's, however. Or get a Rick's girl to do OTC for you. (This is not that hard to do if you know how to play your cards.) Now I haven't been to enough clubs outside of Seattle that I feel qualified to comment on how it compares to the national average: It compares favorably to Vegas, but I don't think that is a very high bar to judge against.. :-) Also note that if you are savvy you can get your mileage up'ed (how high would you like it?) and prices down ITC. Don't be afraid to negotiate. Good luck!
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Also note that Seattle is in a relatively wealthier region of the country, so I think this accounts for some of the differences compared w. other (poor white trash) states.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    Yanker: Try SF, LA/COI, Tampa, Miami/Lauderdale, St. Louis, or any worthy 3-6 cities outside Seattle, then let me know what you think. IMO, Seattle is actually a good SC city compared to several others, it just wouldn't be on the top of my wish list for places to go.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    I agree about all the complaints the out of staters have. Seattle clubs can be hit or miss. Taking a gamble to just find out how each vist will be. Tha gamble costs - $10 cover, $5 for watered soda plus a dollar tip. A miss will cost $16 each visit!! Quite a gamble! If it's hit, it can be a visit with great lap dances!! In that case, the visit is well worth it.
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    Having been to most of the Seatle clubs as well as many outside the Pacific North West, I think I can answer. Rick's is a hit and miss place. First the rules are strange and the thought of a fully clothed girl giving you a lap dance doesn't cut it when you're used to totally nude full contact lappers. Also the standard $40 / song is higher than pretty much anywhere. Now having said all that, I can say that the 3 or 4 times that I've been to Ricks, have been a blast. The $40 is highly negotiable and $10 / song isn't out of reach. Also the 'good girls' know how to get in the right places and even though the clothes may be partial on, they give you access to everything. Take out is readily available. I think that it is also a tradition for LE to close down Rick's about once every 6 months so if you go for the 4 weeks after that expect the dancers to be lukewarm. As someone mentioned, Seattle area only has about 7 clubs which is amazing for their size. That alone tells you that if you have one good club it's gonna get highly rated by the locals. What can they compare against. All in all - fun place, only real game in town but if we were rating versus many of the others it would be a 5.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion