tuscl

To wear a ring or not

Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:10 PM
I have done both and it's interesting to see the different reactions. The one thing I get annoyed with is that when i do, dancers always want to discuss my wife. I have ways of brushing it off, but sometimes I'd rather avoid the topic and just not wear it. I think it's a way of relating since there is an assumptions of problems at home. Any other thoughts?

14 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Whether or not you wear your wedding ring or not is a personal decision. But if you are cheating on your wife at a Club, IMO the ring loses its meaning.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Save the sermon for church alucard, christ you're fucking repetitive. I'm not married but: you don't want to talk about your wife, the ring causes them to bring it up... don't wear the ring. 2+2=4 That's not lying or cheating or anything, that's avoiding a topic you don't want to discuss.
  • randy77
    12 years ago
    Strange how strippers ask about wife & kids within first 5 minutes of meeting. My situation is not a secret, but not one I care to talk about with strippers. Primarily, most people, not just strippers, think I'm 15 years younger than I am. So, if I tell them my kids are older than they are, it acentuates my age. BTW, I'm divorced, but I usually just deflect the question by politely saying that I'd rather not talk about my ex and kids. They don't give a shit. They're just trying to make conversation. So, if you want to talk, have a few topics to steer the conversation away from hot topics.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I'd like to not wear my ring but I'm terrified that if I take it off I will lose it or misplace it, so I just keep it on. It has become a topic for discussion many times, but I just discreetly change the subject. Only once did a dancer keep questioning me about my marital status, and I soon gave her her walking papers.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    lopaw, So, are you legally married?
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Clubber, No....we're living in sin ;) Actually, we are registered domestic partners here in California. It's pretty much the same as marriage, at least at the state level. Many Californians never realized it, but while everyone here was in a tizzy over that Prop H8 mess, the legislature was quietly adding more & more perks to the RDP package, so it has become, at least in legal terms, pretty much the equivalent of marriage. And so, with that, I wear the band of gold :)
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Save the sermon for church alucard, christ you're fucking repetitive" You are Fucking repetitive too in attacking my opinions! If you don't like my opinions, then DON'T read them!!! It is pretty simple Moron!
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    "You are Fucking repetitive too in attacking my opinions! If you don't like my opinions, then DON'T read them!!! It is pretty simple Moron!" LMAO!! If you can't heed your own advice, don't give it..asshat.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I'm not married but I do wear a ring. It helps prevent the dancers from trying to get into my pants. :)
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    lopaw, "No....we're living in sin ;)" Understood. Myself, I don't agree with government being involved at all. I also believe if they are, and they ARE, it should be a woman and a man. That said, I think that a marriage is what two people make of it. Marriage is generally a religious event and that should keep government out of it. Yeah, right! So, whatever two people agree to under their God, that's how it should be.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I've never had a problem wearing my ring. Every once in a while I get a question like "What does your wife think about you being here?" It's a talking point for the dancer, something about which to engage you in conversation. It doesn't mean anything to her one way or the other except as a way to get you talking and to relax. She doesn't care if you're married or not, divorced or happy, a grandfather or childless. She's just looking for something to talk about. I've met a *few* dancers who admit to liking married guys more than single ones, because they don't want as much entanglement, but other than that, it's about the money.
  • radical
    12 years ago
    Let's be honest. It's all about the money. The rest is small talk.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    I was married when I first started clubbing, and I would take my ring off when I went into the clubs. One girl noticed the white skin where my ring should have been one summer when my hands were tan, and told me if I felt so guilty I should just not come to clubs because trying to cover up reality was BS, and it made me a liar right off the bat. I thought about it for a while, and decided that she had a point. So I just started wearing my ring, and also telling girls my real first name instead of lying about that as well. I realize that I was probably being more honest with dancers than I was with my wife. Very strange.
  • bucca
    12 years ago
    Last time I went to a SC I decided it would be best to take off my ring. Not sure if that was a good idea or not. The very first girl that came by to sit with me at my table asked me if I was married. I was a little shocked that she would ask since she could obviously see I wasn't wearing my ring. For some reason I went with it and told her no, but she gave me a very strange look. Maybe I'm a bad liar, and saw right through me. Got a weird vibe from her after that. I don't know now why I thought I should lie to her. I know that it wouldn't have really mattered to her. This reminds me of a time a few years ago when I went to a SC right after learning my wife at the time was going to leave me and a divorce was in my future. The girl that came to sit with me asked about my marriage status and I told the girl about my situation. She then gave a very strange response...simply said, "oh," and sat there in silence. I had come to party it up and let off some steam, but it seemed to take the wind out of the sails. Oh well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion