tuscl

Stripper-Turned-Wall Streeter Plans To Sue Nassau County For $10 Million After A

Long Island native Tara Obenauer alleges that Nassau County didn't supervise Officer Michael Tedesco well enough allowing him to stay "over a hundred nights" with her mostly while he was on-duty for almost seven months, according to Newsday citing court documents.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tara-oben…

Talk about chutzpah!

7 comments

• EarlTee
    12 years ago
    Welcome to America, where everyone sues everyone for everything.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    [Sarcasm] BIG Deal! [Sarcasm]
  • Book Guy
    12 years ago
    Just another way to get back at the ex-boyfriend after he dumps you. She's an ex-dancer, now a bit-time Wall Street compliance officer, and she was "dating" a cop (who evidently is not father of her children, as far as I can tell from reading between the lines). This combination of facts means to me, she had her own head screwed on pretty tightly in at least one way: about how to work men, especially big-macho-show-off-type men.

So, he broke up with her, or maybe welched on an agreement that she thought was iron-clad, such as helping her raise the kids for several years, or such as actually divorcing the real wife and marrying the ex-stripper, or any of a number of other fantasies. She was hot-looking, he was fucking the shit out of her, and then she didn't get what she wanted in exchange for the fucking. Gee what a surprise:

She screwed him over. He's had to leave his job and now his wife knows all the sordid details because they've been made part of public record. The damn lawsuit probably ain't going anywhere, duh, she's not going to win any money off the municipality for the fact that one of its disgraced employees was cheating THEM out of valid work during paid employment time. I'd say, in my opinion, this suit is almost unethical, it's so poor a cause of action, so unlikely to win.

But she doesn't need to win. She just needs to know the rest of the world, and in particular his (soon-to-be-ex-)wife and (already-ex)employer, know he was going behind their backs. She got what she wanted. I bet she knows she couldn't win. She's a compliance officer, after all. There's got to be SOME legal training behind that, right?

Sounds like sweet revenge to me. :)
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I'm going to sue several Detroit strip clubs because they allowed me to have sex with dancers. I deserve a couple million dollars for my pain and suffering.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I used to hate law suits like this, but I think I've decided they are helping wake people up to tort reform.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    Wife sues county alleging wrongful death because cop was spending four hours a day at the donut shop and died from a heart attack because of all the donuts he was eating.

Actually, that might make sense.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I thought there would be tort reform, but I don't think it will happen until the loser pays system comes here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion