tuscl

War Stories (Insubordination)

<p>This blog is about those military moments when you either told someone higher ranking off, or you just did something disrespectful. In my Marine years, I had two.<br />
<br />
The Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps came for a visit to our base, and of course, a big deal was made. That evening, I crossed the street to the deli to meet my GF, who worked there. When I walked in, she was crying. She was a tough cookie, so this was uncharacteristic of her. Through her tears, she told me that she had been cussed out and threatened, then pointed to the dry cleaners, where the Segeant Major was putting a uniform in the cleaners. I went next door (we were both in street clothes). I told him, &quot;Sergeant Major, across the street, you're a big kahuna, but over here, you're just a turd. Either apologize to my girlfriend, or step outside and prepare to take an ass whupping like a man.&quot;</p>
<p>The look on his face was priceless-it was fear. He apologized.</p>
<p>The second happened three weeks before my transfer to the reserves. A Master Sergeant, who had made my life a living hell for three years, was on his last day. Because he had served 35 years, he rated an entourage of Officers, who I guess were kissing his ass. The Master Sergeant made the mistake of coming over to me and putting his arm around my shoulder. He then said &quot;Me and the Dude have been friends for years, haven't we ?&quot;<br />
<br />
Fed up, I threw his arm off of me and retorted &quot;You fucking asshole. If you ever see me on the street, you better put your fat ass in high gear, because I'll beat your ass.&quot;<br />
<br />
I then looked at his entourage and said &quot;I'm out in three weeks, What are you gonna do about it.&quot;<br />
<br />
To my surprise, they just slunk away.</p>

4 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    LOL you had a pair.<br />
    <br />
    Recently watched the movie The Hurt Locker about a US bomb squad in Iraq, several scenes of insubordination in it. The movie won the Best Picture at the Oscars and beat out Avatar for the award.&nbsp; The Hurt Locker cost $11 million to produce, Avatar was $230 million production.&nbsp; <br type="_moz" />
  • troop
    14 years ago
    regarding the 2nd incident dudester, even though you were short, it seems to me&nbsp;that&nbsp;if anyone wanted to push it you could have been in trouble and held over beyond your 3 weeks. maybe they secretly agreed with you. <br />
    <br />
    i remember one morning after an all night party in our barracks i was still drunk and part hung over at our morning company formation. the protocal was the 1st sergeant would call Company!.. followed by a pause and then Attent.. HUT! <br />
    in between the company and attenhut i yelled as loudly as i could.. FUCK THE ARMY! <br />
    i got several looks and a few laughs but nobody said a word to me. <br />
    <br />
    i'm sure there were other instances but i can't think of any atm.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    &quot;He apologized.&quot;<br />
    <br />
    <span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">No, he really didn't...because, of course, this incident <b>never happened</b>...ugh...</span></span><br />
    <br />
    <span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">The thing about &quot;The Hurt locker&quot; was that much of it was pure Hollywood fiction apparently.&nbsp; Many people (even members of the media) that have actually been to Iraq could pick out numerous factual flaws with the movie.</span></span><br />
    <br />
    &quot;maybe they secretly agreed with you.&quot;<br />
    <br />
    <span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Heck, if Dudster was ever <i>really</i> in the military (and I have my doubts given his track record with &quot;facts&quot; on here), I'm sure they were all really, really glad to see him leave...whatever...lol...</span></span><br />
    <br type="_moz" />
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    <span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Oooohhh Dudster, being a crybaby is soooo infantile (his recent PM to me, before apparently putting me back on ignore):</span></span><br />
    &quot;Doubt my military record ? Know how I know you never served ? Because you talk shit, hiding in anominity. If you were a real man you wouldn't talk shit anonomously. A real man would back up his words. Why don't you climb back under your mother's skirt you coward.&quot;<br />
    <br />
    <span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">LOL...who ever said that I served in the military?&nbsp; Not I, because I was never <u>dumb</u> enuff to swallow the lies that they tell recruits.&nbsp; Many of my relatives have been in the military, so I know a lot of what goes on in it.&nbsp; All that I've consistently said is that your over-abundance of bravdo stories rings hollow to me (specifically some of the <b>whoppers</b> that you try to tell above).&nbsp; You have a proven track record of not getting historical facts correct Dudster, which is <i>your</i> problem...not mine!&nbsp; Run along to your cowardly ignore status...lol...</span></span><span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">who's the coward now liar?</span></span><br />
    <br type="_moz" />
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion