tuscl

The church and invading the strip clubs

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:36 PM
I have see people invade strip clubs and try to get strippers to leave the strip club and take on the churches deeply religious lifestyle. Southland church in Lexington KY goes into strip clubs in this city and talks to the strippers and tries to get them to quit, join their church, and bascially give into their beliefs and way of life. I have even talked to one of the church people since I knew him in college. I asked him why they are doing this. He said, "We are trying to save the strippers and customers". Also he added, "We got this idea from a church in Louisville and this is happening in many places in the country." The strippers say they dislike it since it makes them feel as if the church thinks they are some sort of charity case. I personally dislike it because the church people even went as far as calling us, the customers, "pathatic." Also The church needs to realize that strip clubs aren't leaving just because they invade them. Also it is an attack on my way of life.

30 comments

• motorhead
    12 years ago
    They need a hobby.
  • umissedaspot
    12 years ago
    They need to get laid.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    It is too bad some particular people can't let others live their lives as they wish. These "Particular People" always wish to impose their way of living on everyone else.
  • umissedaspot
    12 years ago
    How would they like it if strippers invaded their church service to save them from wasting their life on prudish mumbo-jumbo? They wouldn't, so they must be insane.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    I remember seeing the local preacher in Folies on friday & sat nite. trying to get the girls into church the next morning.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    People who go to church calling other people "pathetic". Too funny!
  • racejeff
    12 years ago
    Not all churches behave like this. Unfortunately, it seems those that do get more publicity. Some of our churches follow a judge not lest you be judged philosophy.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Maybe I should invite some strippers to come to church and invite the local priest to visit the strip club to get a taste of what heaven might be like. nahhh. Going to church is often like a torture session. The priest and old folks like it hot as hell in the church building. The sermons and service is so boring I found watching a kid playing a game on an ipad to be pretty exciting entertainment. That is if I'm not feeling sick from the heat. Most young guys are already wearing shorts to church. I may have to join them. It's way too hot in the church I visit. The priest jokes are awful. Well the last one he made about people keep asking him "what time is the holy church service?" made him think when are they going to ask "when is the unholy church service?". I thought that was a bit amusing but someone I know thought that joke was very inappropriate. I have had someone suggest at one time that I could be a bit sadistic torturing myself but I still go to church. I've found many dancers and others already go to different church denominations. They would probably feel insulted if someone from a church was trying to save them. I wasn't that pleased with someone leaving literature on my door about their church service. I just threw it away. I'd prefer they leave pizza coupons. Maybe churches should offer free pepperoni and hamburger pizza. I believe that would draw the crowds in. Of course repeat visits without food is a totally different thing.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I say that we should invade these types of churches and try to get the "believers" to leave the church and take on the stripclub's deeply FABULOUS lifestyle!
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I wonder what their success rate is. In fact I wonder if they've ever had a single conversion.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    These sound like crazy fundamentalists who are only interested in publicity. Not all churches are like that.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    These sound like crazy fundamentalists who are only interested in publicity. Not all churches are like that.
  • HB13
    12 years ago
    Happens occasionally in Louisiana, where they start giving out flowers to each girl with a church card.
  • Electronman
    12 years ago
    I worry that it might be a "slippery slope" from the tactics of the Lexington church, to the Taliban, to imposition of Sharia law and on to the Inquisition. All examples of religion attempting to impose a set of values on other people only with varying degrees of state-sanctioned force.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @Dougster: 'People who go to church calling other people "pathetic". Too funny!' +1E1000
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Omega: You are taking this strip club life way too serious. First, this is the only opportunity for "church" guys to see hot naked girls "legitimately" if they are indeed entering the club. Second, it doesn't hurt to tell these girls that their chosen lifestyle of sex, drugs and alcohol is a road to nowhere. Who knows, maybe some dancer will actually finish that college degree so many of them are working on. Finally, have you checked the glossary? Anyone who wastes his money on enjoying naked or almost naked dancers is a PL. I have planned my next trip in a week to pass out tracs and enjoy some girls in the VIP.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Church groups used to picket clubs in Cleveland and write down license plate numbers until the TV trucks came and left them only the hard core zealots would stay and continue to copy license plates. They finally stopped when the cops made them leave for trespass and confronting patrons beligerently and loosing.
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    Pabloantonio I am not a PL. I don't even spend fifty percent of my paycheck and I don't spend all my money on just one dancer. As I mentioned in another thread I go to have a good time and have some female companionship. All in all I am glad to see that pretty much all of you are on my side. I have never liked the church and the church people that come to strip clubs are either looking for an excuse to go into them or are just insane fundamentalist.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @Omega22: I think "delusional" is a better term.
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    It gives the hypocrites a chance to see naked women.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "Pabloantonio I am not a PL" It's not a bad thing. I freely admit it.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I was once told by a sage friend that the many of the world's problems would be solved if you could get the religious to drink facing each other. What they fail to realize is T&A makes the world go around in one way or another.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    This is of no concern to me. Now when something like this become forbidden, I would have a problem. I'm not saying I would like it, think it is something one should do, or even wise, but this is still mostly a free country.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Omega: don't take it so hard. We are all PL's here. Once you get older, you will realize just how much of your life you have wasted on dancers and stripclubs. Trust me, its an underworld. Don't take the blue pill like we did. Take the red pill. Can't wait to go next week.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "We are all PL's here" I'm NOT a PL!!! If you and the rest of the membership here feel that you are PLs, then that is your business. Don't INCLUDE me in your all encompassing statements about PLs!! Thank you.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "Don't INCLUDE me in your all encompassing statements about PLs!!" Point taken. But I am a PL. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Taken literally, maybe some don't care for the term. I'm old. I'm fat. I'm ugly. I'm not married. I don't have a girlfriend. I spend most of my entertainment dollars on beautiful young woman. I know they ain't doin' the things they do because I'm Jay Z. I prefer PL to Sugar Daddy. To me, that's more insulting. I'm a dead on realist. PLs unite and stand proud!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “Omega: You are taking this strip club life way too serious.” I don’t think Omega is “taking it too seriously” – I think Omega may be a bit of an intellectual and a bit of a deep thinker about perhaps many things.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @pabloantonio: "Once you get older, you will realize just how much of your life you have wasted on dancers and stripclubs." Or maybe, like at least one rich fuck on this board, you'll spend your life doing "productive" shit, and later look back and wonder why you wasted so much time on that, instead of in strip clubs. Eh, Art? ;)
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    How about a dual-use building? Church by day, strip club by night? Stage turns into altar, DJ booth becomes pulpit, bar serves the bread and wine. VIP booths can be used as confessionals. ALP would never have to go home. OK, now I'm sure to have offended someone. Sorry.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    It is nice to see an intellectual posting in this forum. It is a Refreshing change from typical level of many posts written here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion