tuscl

Strip Club "culture" going mainstream?

dallas702
Wandering
I stopped at a coffee shop/bar across the street from the university in Gainesville, Florida. It was about 6:30 on a weeknight and the place was crowded with college students. What got my attention was the amount of skin the coeds were showing. Honestly, most of these young women were wearing bra like tops, tiny shorts and stripper shoes. It took a few minutes for me to actually confirm that these young women were customers and not employees, in the process I got a lot of attention from several of these ladies. My only downside was the nickname they gave me,Grandpa." Still, the flirting going on by these sweet young things made my lecherous, SC going, soul feel right at home.

It appears to me that the strip club culture has gone mainstream, at least in one college town. Has anyone else noticed an increased presence of stripper wear and stripper behavior in a non-strip club setting?

20 comments

• Clubber
    12 years ago
    Stop by the "U" some time!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    It has 2 do with the hi hop (rap) culture ! With the younger generations it has glorified pimps and ho's to the point to wear most men want to be pimps and most girls try to at least look like ho's.......that should explain what you saw gansta !
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    dallas702, find out how much lappers cost at the coffeeshop for us.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Or perhaps the young women are just naturally a bit horny? LOL
  • 23cambyman
    12 years ago
    vincemichaels- great suggestion haha!!!
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I think it is a side-effect of the constant video monitoring and such within this country. There is less privacy and people are like Fuck It.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Gangsta culture dominates to young. Yes, I have seen it on my frequent visits to Gainesville.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Gangsta culture dominates to young"

What does being involved in this culture gain a person?
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Death, sometimes.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Gangsta culture dominates the young. (Corrected) For us nerds, gangsta culture is the new way of being cool in high school and college. If you live long enough you get to see all the forms of youthful protest--duck tail haircuts and leather jackets, long haired hippies, Afros, dreadlocks, tie-dye shirts, tattered blue jeans, combat fatigues worn by anti-war protesters and, now, gangsta hoodies, with pants slung low and half-naked women at the mall.
  • dallas702
    12 years ago
    I mentioned my Gainsville coffee/bar experience to a 40 something friend today. I described the apparel without specifically saying "strip club." She teaches at small college and asserted that some of her students regularly come to class dressed "like strippers." To my friend the reasons included Brittany Spears, music videos and trash TV.

Whether Gangsta or TV inspired, I have decided to get out more!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    The gansta life ? Money, ho's and cloths !.....
  • Revolution
    12 years ago
    God Bless America - and Gainesville. I met my wife there LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    College campuses have traditionally been sexually-liberal places. Combine that with the generational aspect that many young women today like to dress-to-impress and get attention, then this means you see some serious shit near the bars and hangout places near college campuses.

One thing I have also noticed is that many women will act way more wild when they are away from their hometown or place where the live (i.e. when on vacation, spring break, or college). Many women will act like hos and look to hook-up when they are in a party environment that is not near where they/their-families live – e.g. “Girls Gone Wild”.

I was in college in the mid-90s and many times I could not study b/c of the hard-on I would constantly have from watching the girls walking around campus and how they dressed – it also didn’t hurt I went to college in south Florida :).
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Not all skimpy clothing is sexy! Driving home this very warm evening I passed a very overweight young girl pushing a baby stroller. She had on gray sweat pants and a backless halter top with spaghetti straps. Def not hot!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    "Not all skimpy clothing is sexy"

I guess it’s all about context!!!
  • DoctorDarby
    12 years ago
    Our semester here at an NE Ohio university is ending this week so tragically I will miss the joys of hot weather fashion on campus. I plan to protest to the administration on behalf of lecherous professors everywhere.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    The strip club culture is as big a part of America life as apple pie or hot dogs. The question is, when are governments going to recognize this fact and stop trying to put an end to it?
  • steve229
    12 years ago

In olden days a glimpse of stocking
    Was looked on as something shocking,
    But now, Heaven knows,
    Anything Goes.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I think someone tried to make breasts go mainstream at a Superbowl function back a few years ago. It didn't go over well. There needs to be time for the younger generation to get in charge. Of course we've already had BJ's in the Whitehouse with Clinton so who is going to beat that?
    Hey, can you say Columbian Prostitutes?
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2012/0…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion