tuscl

OT: Washington DC on the rise?

Could the Washington DC sports scene be poised for a come-back? The choke-artist Capitals finally won a 7-game playoff series, ousting the defending Stanley Cup champion Bruins in dramatic fashion in OT to win the closest playoff series in NHL history (every game decided by one goal). The perpetually cellar dwelling Nationals are now in first place in the NL East, and their 19 yo wunderkind Bryce Harper flashed his star potential in his big league debut. While the Redskins made a historic trade to draft RGIII in hopes of finding the franchise quarterback they've been missing for 2 decades.

Now, if only we could do something about the strip clubs...

8 comments

• motorhead
    12 years ago
    The politicians will find a way to ruin it
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    It is an election year mirage! LMFAO
  • SnakePlissken
    12 years ago
    As long as there are no lap dances in DC, the scene will remain dead.

Baltimore might get an uptick in activity though, seeing as they're not that far away.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    No surprise to me that the Caps have perked up, steve. The Caps now have a good ol' Western Canadian shit-kicker in goal, Braden Holtby. He is from Lloydminster, border town on the Alberta/Saskatchewan line, prime red neck shit-kicker country.

Those kind of guys NEVER choke!
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I wouldn't bet on them
  • RossVa
    12 years ago
    They still have the Bullets, errr Wizards.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    steve229, is Marion Berry (sp) still alive. If so, bring him back as mayor. The club owners could bribe him into submission. :)
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    Vince - still alive and controversial

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/04/mar…

I visited the Stadium Club in DC when it first opened, and I swear I saw him there, getting a guided tour from the manager, lol!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion