tuscl

Des Moines clubs

DrumEsq
Missouri
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:15 PM
Ok - I have one night in town on a Thursday night from 8 pm to midnight. Tell where to start, where to go, what to bring and what to wear. I am an SC regular from Illinois clubs around St. Louis. Compare the Iowa clubs to the clubs I am used to; if you know both.

2 comments

• windowsidiot
    12 years ago
    I have only been to one club in Des Moines, The Lumber Yard. It was large, looked promising and had good reviews but my time was limited and the first ld was bad so I left. See my review Nov 30, 2011. I understand the laws in Mo have become very restrictive so Ia should be an improvement. Sorry I can't help any more. Have fun.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    If I had to pick one place to go, it would be Beach Girls in West Des Moines. I recently went to Des Moines and went to three of the clubs. Outer Limits is the only bar in the bunch (all the rest are BYOB) and is basically a dive bar with ugly dancers. The Lumber Yard is exactly like what windowsidiot said, and in addition, has the worst lighting of any strip club I've ever visited. Beach Girls has the best looking girls of the bunch and its small enough that you won't feel lost there. In the past, I avoided that one since it's way on the west side of town and if it turned out it sucked, it is a long way to the other clubs, but I'll have to change that policy. I didn't go to Minx because they frown on people wearing certain types of clothing (hint: don't look like a gangster), although in the past, they had some hot dancers. Big Earls, the night I went to Des Moines, looked like they had a completely empty lot, so I just blew that one off. I heard that is essentially a ripoff joint anyway, although I also heard extras may be most available there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion