tuscl

Those damn gas stations and secondary effects!

deogol
Michigan

To help curb crimes like these, Kenyatta hopes to draft an ordinance that requires gas station owners to hire security guards to protect the public.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/02/28/c…

8 comments

• Ermita_Nights
    13 years ago
    Wouldn't that just put all the gas stations in the city out of business? How does that help?
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    Well if it were I, I'd just go to a SAFER Detriot area neighborhood to buy gas.

But I don't have that worry as I live in NW Ohio. Our gas stations are safer.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Detroit's 3 biggest problems:

1. Terrible economy
    2. Violent crime
    3. Stupid politicians
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I agree it would drive many gas stations in the city out of business. Life is tough enough as it is in the inner city without further increasing unemployment. It is dangerous in the big city. One should always be aware of one's surroundings. Gas stations are an easy target for criminals.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    Clearly, Michigan should pass laws intended to eradicate gas stations from their state. They only offer demeaning, low-paying, and dead-end jobs that exploit employee lack of education and perpetuate a subsistence level of living. Plus, they're are a blight and an eyesore in their communities - what with all the crime and pollution, lowlife transients coming and going all hours of the day and night, and atrocious architectural design that lower nearby property values. After all, who wants to live next to a Texaco or BP? Not me, or anyone else I know.

Now strip clubs, on the other hand, they should encourage through tax incentives, government grants, and educational campaigns. They offer high-paying jobs, promote health and well-being in their customers, don't pollute the environment, and usually employ a security force for safety without even being asked. Plus, when done well, they're palaces of architectural wonderment. Just think of a place like Fight Club, with its opulent interiors, designer furnishings, and heavy red velvet curtains. They're like NYC's treasured theaters - landmarks unto themselves that enhance a city's reputation and encourage economic growth.

No gas station has ever equaled the contributions of a well-run strip club, and IMHO, never will...
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Amen, Rod8432 !!
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    What a fucking fascist motherfucker.
  • Ermita_Nights
    13 years ago
    Rod, banning gas stations in Michigan would be fine with me. Then I'd have no choice but to drive to Toledo weekly, where one of my favorite clubs is located.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion