tuscl

Is Tampa and vicinity losing its appeal as a SC destination?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Monday, February 27, 2012 1:56 AM
I used to think of Tampa and its environs (St. Pete, Pasco County) as a travel destination for the strip club enthusiast, with some clubs noted for eye candy (e.g., Mons Venus) and other clubs noted for high mileage and the prospects of extras (e.g., Scarlett's, Vegas Showgirls, several US 19 clubs in Pasco). I've been reading recent reviews in preparation for a Tampa trip in a couple of weeks. Am I overreacting to a few negative reviews or is the Tampa area (including Pasco and St. Pete) experiencing a downward spiral in the strip club scene? I know that Mons continues to receive high marks for those who are satisfied with eye candy and not so private VIP dances but I seem to be detecting a roll back in the fun (mileage and extras) in the other area clubs. I've seen some reviews allude to stepped up law enforcement, poor club management and a meth epidemic as contributing factors for negative reviews. For those who are familiar with the area, is my synopsis correct? I hope not but if so, I'll have to locate a new travel destination for next winter's escape to a warmer climate.

10 comments

• BuckMcNutter
    12 years ago
    Mons has dropped considerably... Especially during the day. I've been the only customer there with 2-3 girls working. It must be the economy and the lack of custies that have made the gals leave for other parts of FL. Like south FL... is still hot. Day shift at Cheetah pompano rivals any in the US. And extras at Tootsies in Miami are the best !
  • PlBruce
    12 years ago
    I was at Mons on a recent Friday night and if the quality has dropped, I didn't notice it. Probably two dozen hot dancers and only a few with slight case of cellulite. Not a one I would be sorry to wake up next to. :-) Second the comment about Tootsies though. I made my first visit there recently and was stunned by the selection and the club in general. That being said, if I was going back to Florida, for SCing, I would head for Miami before Tampa.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Does Mons Venus really have a $20 day cover? Seems like bad value
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "Does Mons Venus really have a $20 day cover?" They always have on every visit I've ever been there. But it was worth it, in my opinion. Unless the quality is down as was mentioned. In the past, I liked the days. There was parking available and not the huge crowds but still plenty of drop dead gorgeous girls. My #1 club: no smoking, no alcohol, and Blondes!!!!!
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    When was Tampa ever a wonderful SC destination? I actually cannot stand most of the clubs in Tampa, which provide me the choice of having to go without alcohol to see nudity or enjoy my Jack while surrounded by girls wearing pasties. In fact, I have foudn the Tampa clubs to be ridiculously overrated. Now Pasco Country is a whole different kettle of fish and no, IMHO the clubs out there have not lost their appeal at all.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I am pretty much in agreement with rickdugan RE: Tampa. Not sure about Pasco.
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    I'll pile on to Rick/Clubber's comments. Tampa isn't where I want to go to strip clubs. If we're talking about Florida Miami is miles ahead. I'm not sure where the ranking lies if we include Toronto, Dallas/Houston, LA/COI, and Detroit though....
  • Electronman
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the updates on the Tampa scene. I'll temper my expectations for fun in the Tampa area clubs or at least keep reminding myself that the Tampa clubs are much better than the clubs in Orlando. Now that I think about it, even the IHOPs and convents in Tampa are better than the Orlando scene.
  • AliLandryFan
    12 years ago
    Mons is fine for just window shopping. But the lack of privacy always bothered me because you cant do much more than window shop. Club Odyssey you could always get whatever from pretty hot girls, if you paid to go up in the spaceship, which was expensive cover. Scarletts Ybor Strip was always a good place to go for Extras with Hot Girls. I stick to here. There are others that i read offer alot of extras, but i think the talent dropoff is substantive so i didnt try them.
  • AliLandryFan
    12 years ago
    I just read all the reviews for Odyssey and Scarletts from the last year. I agree with the OP that there seems to be less overall gratuitous sexual favors being given out like candy that Tampa used to be famous for. My suggestion to you is to go to Houston for the weekend. Houston is UNBELIEVABLE for action. It will spoil you and you raise your internal bar to where you will never be satisfied anywhere else again. In particular, make sure you stop at Treasures, Centerfolds, Michaels, and St. James. Treasures is # 1. I am beyond spoiled now. Now, that said, back to Tampa, I am a Yankee fan, so once every few years i do come down to spring training and i will do three things regarding tampa clubs 1) Stick to Day shifts over Night shifts for action. There is infinitely more action going on during the day and it doesn't always mean a huge dropoff in looks. The dayshift reviews for Scarletts are still strong as ever 2) I will one night, splurge and drop the 200 to go up to the spaceship at odyssey. And tip the girl generously for more action. But i will have vetted her first downstairs to find one that seems to be affectionately generous and not hungup on money. So one night i will splurge and drop 500 total probably at a club. 3) think outside the box. chances are if ybor is dropping , some other club is rising, so make sure to come on here and read club reviews for the last 90 days for other tampa clubs. see if one club is all of a sudden getting way better reviews in recent months. thats my two cents.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion