tuscl

Privacy Changes Coming to Google on March 1st

Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:06 PM
Since TUSCL makes use of Google Search, folks may have an interest in this story: [view link] As a test, I typed in Steve229 into the search box at the top. The first returned search search result? "Cheerleaders for Steve229"! Spooky!

7 comments

• JGoose
    12 years ago
    Except for my blogger account, I have logged out of all the Google services. Then they can track my searches by my IP, and match that to my account, rather than make it easy for them.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I do miss the old tuscl search. I liked that you could search for a club name and get a list where you could then click on the city or state. And yes, giving all my tuscl search terms to google is creepy.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Well, it isn't surprising in this post "1984" era.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    It isn't surprising Obama's fifth biggest donor was Google.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Logging out of Google doesn't stop Google cookies. Visiting web sites will install and send them along (read about Google Analytics [view link]) There are add-ons for FireFox to prevent this. (Note, this web site uses a google cookie.)
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    I agree with Ermita. I liked when you could do a tuscl search that just encompassed tuscl. I don't like having to go through Google.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    or all the talking about you didn't know about
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion