tuscl

Who makes the rules?

My wife and I have recently begun to dab in the SC world as a couple. One thing we haven't been able to get a straight answer for is “who makes the rules?” For instance, at one SC we were allowed to touch the dancer, pretty much anywhere. The next SC we were not. Are these “rules” mandated by state/local laws, are they set forth by the SC management or are they strictly up to the dancer?

18 comments

• Sowhatt
    13 years ago
    All of the above. Usually management stays out of it unless they're enforcing local or state ordinances that could impact their business/liquor licensing, or trying to "class up" the place. The girls are always free to make their own rules as independent contractors.

Generally what you'll find is a general range of mileage within each establishment, since the clubs themselves have reputations and the girls tend to work where they're comfortable. For example, a lot of the time the truly gorgeous ones will go to the nicest clubs where it's the most conservative rules because they know they can still make money. The more used up ones can often be found in the total dives where the back corners are petri dishes. Sometimes they break the molds though, a true stunner who works in one of the divier/ higher mileage clubs can make a truly astounding amount of money if she doesn't particularly care who touches her or where.

Just keep going out to different places and you'll pick up on it real fast.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Some rules are set by law, some are set by the club. You should be able to do some research to determine what your state and local laws allow (or more likely, disallow). Anything over that, and it's the club. Complicating matters is the fact that many clubs flaunt local laws, with varying degrees of success.

The best thing to do is treat every club and dancer as unique. Ask the dancer what she allows before paying. If all the dancers say the same thing, it's likely the club is strictly enforcing it's own rules or the law. If you get different answers, the buffet is open.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Gatorfan.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I hear my name and no I dont make I break all the rules
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    If everyone observed all local laws and rules, there probably would not be any question about what was allowed. However if for instance you live in a state where for example there is a state law that says all bj's are illegal, do you worry about the police breaking into your home and arresting you or your wife because someone got a bj? There are usually more strict laws for public places but it is often a waste of taxpayer money for the police or some other agents to enforce rules against someone touching someone. Budgets are tight everywhere so often these rules are not always strictly enforced everywhere or rules vary from one state to another. In some places so called family politicians try to fool people into thinking they are tough by getting no touch rules enforced. Sometimes the religious right attacks strip clubs. Clubs can more severely restrict what goes on.

I personally would not like it if everyone who ever jay walked got arrested for doing so or if you got arrested if you got a bj in your own house. We have too many laws. We're breaking them all the time.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I think most Americans would be in prison if they got arrested every time they broke a rule or law. Do you worry about accidentally going 1 mph over the limit? I don't typically. If a patrol car was following me I might slow down just to be safe. I think rules are like that. Some who enforce the rules will just say the law is the law and not have any mercy especially if someone is on their case to enforce the law. You also have some people who drink and of course there are a number of people who drink too much and some drive too. I'd prefer taxpayer money be spent stopping thieves and dangerous criminals rather than spending time in a club enforcing some states 10 foot or 10 inch or nipples covered rule or whatever crazy law someone thinks is needed to protect everyone.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    The politicians passing these laws never seem to worry about the taxpayer money wasted enforcing all these rules. If there is a cop in a strip club making sure some dancer's nipple is covered, he's not out on the street looking for the thief about to break into the back of your house or car. It costs taxpayer money to pay a cop or agent to enforce all these laws. Of course this nation and many state and local governments and politicians never worry about wasting money. It's not theirs and we're all paying for the waste. Instead you'll only hear the political spin about somebody having family values. There's always a possibility a club could be paying off someone for slack enforcement but It would be hard to prove.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Dancers will often know what they can get away with or what they will allow to happen. Sometimes a dancer will allow more than what a club allows. If they get caught, they are often fired if a club manager is strictly following the rules. Of course not all clubs have the same management. It's like any business where you already know the service you get in some places is far different in one business or restaurant. I know the service I get in my local Wendy's is often crappy with drinks in smaller than normal cups, old fries or reheated potatoes or no potatoes, and incorrect orders. Other Wendy's stores will get it all correct and get your order to you fast.
  • StripClubsRevil
    13 years ago
    There are laws that govern these actions. Each state has them and some are stricter than others. Ohio is VERY strict. I know for a fact it is against the law to touch the dancers. A friend of mine defended someone in court accused of this very thing. As some have said above, how well these are enforced are up to the clubs themselves, the local authorities, and the individual dancers. Some completely disregard them and are practically prostituting the women out. The law's the law and if you break it and no one's watching you might not get in trouble. However one day you could have an undercover cop nearby doing one of their token busts to pretend they care. Some of these same guys go to these places at night. That's why these clubs are so disgusting. Cops aren't serious about keeping these places regulated. My advice to you is to love your wife and keep the sexual fun at home. Strip clubs aren't necessary for you because you should have all you've ever wanted at home. Value that!
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Sounds like Policeman may have taken a new name.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "My advice to you is to love your WIFE and keep the sexual fun at home. Strip clubs aren't necessary for you because you should have all you've ever wanted at home. Value that!"

Nice to know someone else has a similar OPINION about Fidelity/Infidelity.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    What sharkhunter said.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    It's my personal experience that local law enforcement has a lot to do with most clubs rules. I know the one club I visit, the local county government did not want them to come in at all and as such, everything there is so strict as to mostly take all the fun out of it. But my favorite club, at one point, the club owner got himself elected mayor of the town the club is in, and not too coincidentally, that period when he was mayor coincided with the best period of the club.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "at one point, the club owner got himself elected mayor of the town the club is in, and not too coincidentally, that period when he was mayor coincided with the best period of the club"

Well that certainly helps in getting "Friendly" rules!
  • spudd
    13 years ago
    "I hear my name and no I dont make I break all the rules" - gatorfan

Heh, I use the same line whenever I visit a new club:
    "I'm new here, what are the rules, and can I break them?"
  • Leonard313
    13 years ago
    Think of it as a pyramid.

The state has laws against how nude the women can get and what can happen in establishments that serve liquor versus ones that don't. The states all have laws against prostitution in clubs other than very few legal brothels in Nevada.

However, the management of each club will determine how strictly they monitor dancers and customers while they are in the club. Most clubs tell the dancers the "rules" and then give them a wink and leave it up to the dancer as to what she wants to do. If the dancer gets busted, the club will say they told her (or posted) the rules so it's not their fault. Other clubs, the bouncers are keeping a close eye on what is going on and will take an active role in making sure the club rules line up closely with the state laws.

That being said, in almost every club I've been to...the dancers set their own rules. I've seen clubs where the patrons were only allowed to touch the dancers on their butt and legs...but there was a guy in the corner with his shirt off. I've been to clubs that offer full nude dances and the stripper I chose simply says she doesn't take her bottoms off. I've gotten lap dances from strippers and asked for sexual favors and had them tell me they don't do that...but they could tell me what dancers do.

Most of the clubs will "know" what their dancers are doing. They put up curtains for a reason...bouncers get tipped to turn a blind eye...and the club gets a cut of dances in those "private areas".

I've found that the clubs in college towns with younger girls working...the rules are fairly strict and uniformly enforced. The clubs near airports or in the middle of nowhere...things are a bit "loose". I've found Canadian clubs to be a bit more strict compared to some American clubs...but there are no hard, fast rules.

Best way to know what is allowed...simply ask the dancer. They want you to enjoy yourself so they'll let you go as far as allowed.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    Leonard313-
    I do agree that dancers often set their own rules, but sometimes, they seem to set them in a direction that's more strict than the club's rules, which can be highly annoying. I know at one club I go to, some of the dancers refuse to do the nude room, and some of them even refuse to do the topless touch room. OTOH, I've been to clubs where they set them to be less strict, and those are the fun places.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Nice to know someone else has a similar OPINION about Fidelity/Infidelity."

Yeah, you and "Policeman" lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion