tuscl

Free drinks and happy hours.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Apparently giving free drinks is not legal everywhere. I am told that it not legal in Georgia and I don't remember ever getting a free drink in any of the strip clubs in Atlanta or seen any Happy Hours.

In Columbia SC. I have gotten free drinks and been to club parties where all the booze was free for 2 hours and Happy Hours seem to be prevelant.

What is it like elsewhere?

11 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    columbus gold has some dumb promotion about a drink for a $0.05 when you do an uptime sometimes. Not sure if that is due to laws or what or trying to drum up tips for the wait staff (knowing people will likely tip $0.95 when paying with their $1 bill). They do have a "free round of drinks" if you do their 30 minute VIP.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Wow
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I would like it if all strip clubs in South Carolina became byob without raising cover prices. Then I could save money on beer and dancers could get nude. Best of both worlds.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    All the clubs I visit are dedicated to ripping off the customers with drink prices. One has a "beer bucket special" at 4PM when the price of a bucket of 5 beers is reduced from $34 to $25. Thanks a f**king lot!
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I get some free at times, but that is not something to do with the club, rather just between individuals. I don't recall ever getting a "deal", so I tend to agree with jackslash.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Went to an Italian restaurant once in NJ, and when we tried to order some wine the waiter said they didn't have a liquor license so they couldn't SELL us any wine. A little while later the owner comes over, uncorks a bottle of wine and pours us each a glass as his "gift" to his guests. Don't know if this was just a quirk in the NJ liquor laws, or if you might be able to exploit similar loopholes in other states.

I've gotten free drinks at Happy Hour in some baltimore clubs. Never gotten anything for free in Virginia (figures).
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Free drinks at strip clubs never last long
  • canny
    13 years ago
    In Pennsylvania it is legal for anyone to give away alcohol. If you don't have a license to sell alcohol, you are allowed to let your customers bring their own alcohol, but if you have a license to sell alcohol you are legally liable if your customers bring in their own, get drunk, and get in an accident on their way home.

There are a lot of clubs in Pa that are either BYOB or that give away free alcohol because they don't have liquor licenses.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    Massachusetts does not allow free alcohol to be served and in fact cannot even be discounted.That means no "happy hour" or similar type promotion.Beer cannot be served in pitchers and you cannot have two drinks containing alcohol in front of you at the same time.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I don't care too much for the BYOB/nude clubs around here because they usually have lower dancer quality and higher cover charges.
  • LoveTheLadies
    13 years ago
    Not sure about the law in North Carolina I've have heard of penny drafts in some clubs. So might can't be free but penny is OK. I do know NC has a law that alcohol drinks have to be the same price all day. That why you see drink specials on slow nights Sun-Wed instead of 5-8PM everynight.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion